Words — 229 found
1. dozenAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, From English “doz”
打: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to hit; to strike; to knock; to beat; to punch; to slap; to tap; to bang; to clap; to poundalso written as 拍つ, 搏つ, 撲つ, 擣つ
- It has just struck eight, hasn't it?
2. to strike (noon, etc.); to sound (cymbals, etc.); to beat (a drum, etc.)
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
3. to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.)
- ふと 。
- The insulin was making her fat.
4. to move; to impress; to touch
5. to drive in; to hammer in; to put in; to inject
6. to type; to send; to transmit
7. to insert; to write in; to mark
8. to make (noodles, etc.); to prepare
9. to till (soil)
10. to sprinkle; to throw; to cast
11. to do; to carry out; to play; to perform; to engage in (gambling, etc.)
12. to pay (a deposit, etc.)
13. to visit (on a pilgrimage)
14. to line (a coat)
15. to bind (a criminal)
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. advance arrangements; preparatory meeting; briefing session
2. overlap (of a coat, etc.)
3. making something match exactlyArchaism
打ち合せ 【うちあわせ】、打合せ 【うちあわせ】、打合わせ 【うちあわせ】
1. blow; shock; strike; damage
- う 。
- I took such a hammering over recent months.
2. battingBaseball term
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
- うちこ 。
- He hammered nails into the plank.
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
- でんげんをい 、
- たちあ 、
- うちこ 。
- I switch on my laptop, start up the browser, and type in the address I've already learnt by heart.
5. to devote oneself to; to go heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
- うちこ 。
- He applied himself to the task.
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports term
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts term
8. to invade one's opponent's territory (in the game of go); to place a stone in an opponent's formation
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
打ちこむ 【うちこむ】、打込む 【うちこむ】、うち込む 【うちこむ】
1. to stop; to abort; to discontinue; to close
1. to knock together; to strike against each other
2. to arrange (e.g. a meeting); to discuss (in advance)
- うちあ 。
- I arranged the business with Mr Brown.
打ち合せる 【うちあわせる】、打合せる 【うちあわせる】、打合わせる 【うちあわせる】
1. batting average
2. Batting averageBatting average is a statistic in cricket, baseball, and ... Read more
1. end; close; finish; truncation; discontinuance; closure; cancellation; breaking off; aborting
2. end of play (in go)
3. Cancellation (television)In television, cancellation (also known colloquially as a... Read more
1. to hit (a person); to strike; to beatUsually written using kana alone
2. to deliver (a speech); to give (an address)Usually written using kana alone
撃つ 【ぶつ】、撲つ 【ぶつ】
1. to strike against; to collide with; to bump into; to conflictUsually written using kana alone
2. to encounter; to meet
3. to clash
1. to hit (e.g. one's head); to strike; to crash intoUsually written using kana alone
2. to throw (e.g. a ball, a question, a demand)Usually written using kana alone
- Groaning strangely she is hurling her overflowing passion onto the canvas!
3. to express; to vent (e.g. one's anger)Usually written using kana alone
打付ける 【ぶちつける】、打っ付ける 【ぶっつける】
ぶちつける: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. percussion; tapping; examining by percussionMedicine, etc. term
2. sounding out (someone's intentions); making an approach (about)
- Try sounding him out and see if he'll come around.
1. to emboss
2. to print out; to print
3. to work out (e.g. policy); to hammer out; to come out with; to set forth
4. to strike (a drum indicating the end of a performance)
5. to begin striking; to start beating
打出す 【うちだす】、打ちだす 【うちだす】