Words — 450 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. behind; rearSee also 後ずさり
- おと 。
- I heard a noise behind me.
2. after; laterSee also その後
- きた 。
- After rain comes fair weather.
3. remainder; the rest
4. more (e.g. five more minutes); left
- I have another two letters to write.
5. also; in addition
- し 。
- Mr. Fuji died, leaving 4 children behind him.
6. descendant; successor; heir
7. after one's death
- It is five minutes to nine.
8. past; previousArchaism
1. back; behind; rear
後: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. later; afterwards; sinceUsually written using kana alone
- ひきあ 。
- The wreckage of the ship was salvaged after it had gone to Davy Jones's locker.
2. futureUsually written using kana alone
3. after one's death
1. to be late; to be delayed; to fall behind schedule; to be overdue; to fall behindSee also 遅刻
2. to fall behind (in school, etc.); to struggle (with a subject)
3. to be outdated; to fall behind (the times); to be out of touch (with)
1. delay; lag; postponement; falling behind
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. retreat; falling back; moving backwards; reversing; retrogression; retraction
- Automobile sales suffered a setback at the end of the financial year.
2. recession; waning
3. backspace (key)Computer terminology
1. regret; repentance; remorse
1. pushing; backing; boosting; supporting
2. pushing from behind (a cart, etc.); pusher
1. settlement (of affairs); remedial measures; cleaning up afterwards