Words — 458 found
1. back; behind; rear
後: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. behind; rearSee also 後ずさり
- のこ 。
- One of the girls was left behind.
2. after; laterSee also その後
- きた 。
- After rain comes fair weather.
3. remainder; the rest
4. more (e.g. five more minutes); left
5. also; in addition
6. descendant; successor; heir
7. after one's death
8. past; previousArchaism
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. later; afterwardsUsually written using kana alone
- ひきあ 。
- The wreckage of the ship was salvaged after it had gone to Davy Jones's locker.
2. futureUsually written using kana alone
3. after one's death
1. to be late; to be delayed; to fall behind schedule; to be overdueusu. 遅れる
2. to fall behind (in a race, one's studies, etc.); to lag behind; to be behind (the times)oft. 後れる
- おくれ 。
- She's far behind in her studies.
3. to be bereaved of; to be preceded by (someone) in deathoft. 後れる
4. to be slow (of a clock or watch)
1. delay; lag; postponement; falling behind
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. retreat; falling back; moving backwards; reversing; retrogression; retraction
- Automobile sales suffered a setback at the end of the financial year.
2. recession; waning
3. backspace (key)Computing
1. regret; repentance; remorse
1. pushing; backing; boosting; supporting
2. pushing from behind (a cart, etc.); pusher
1. settlement (of affairs); remedial measures; cleaning up afterwards