Words — 28 found
1. effect; result; worth; use; availSee also 甲斐 がい
2. Kai (former province located in present-day Yamanashi Prefecture)
詮 【かい】、効 【かい】
詮: Rarely-used kanji form. 効: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. effect; effectiveness; efficacy; result
2. effects (e.g. sound effects, visual effects, special effects)See also 音響効果 おんきょうこうか
1. to be effective; to take effect; to be good (for)See also 薬が効く, usu. 効く
- き 。
- These pills act on the heart.
2. to work; to function wellSee also 目が利く, usu. 利く for body senses, functions, etc.
- How dare you speak to me like that?
3. to be possible (to do, use, etc.); to be able toSee also 割引が効く
- My credit is good for 50,000 yen.
4. to taste (alcohol); to trySee also 聞く
1. effect; efficacy; validity; potency
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. effect; virtue; efficacy; impression
2. one's dominant eyeOnly applies to 利き目, Only applies to きき眼, Only applies to 利目
利き目 【ききめ】、きき眼 【ききめ】、効目 【ききめ】、利目 【ききめ】
1. to bring out (the effect of); to put to good use; to make use of (e.g. threats); to use (e.g. intimidation); to take advantage of (e.g. one's influence); to season (with salt, etc.); to put in
- How about adding a little bit more salt?
2. to use (tact, wit, etc.); to exercise; to displaySee also 気を利かせる
- She showed a great deal of wit in handling the delicate question.
1. effect; efficacy; virtue; benefit
功能 【こうのう】、功能 【くのう】
くのう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. use; utility; effect; benefit
2. UtilityIn economics, utility is a representation of preferences ... Read more
1. effectiveness; efficacy; efficaciousness効き often refers to medicine
2. dominance (e.g. of left or right hand)Only applies to 利き
3. tasting (alcohol, tea, etc.)Only applies to 利き, See also 聞き きき
1. to succeed; to bear fruit
効を奏する: Irregular kanji usage.
1. sound effect
2. Sound effectFor the album by The Jam, see Sound Affects. For audio ef... Read more
1. utility maximization; utility maximisation
2. Utility maximization problemIn microeconomics, the utility maximization problem is th... Read more
1. having an immediate effect; taking immediate effectYojijukugo (four character compound)
効果てきめん 【こうかてきめん】、効果てき面 【こうかてきめん】