Words — 97 found
1. if; in case; if it is the case that; if it is true thathypothetical form of the copula だ, from なり and sometimes classed as a particle
- If we let our reasoning power be overshadowed by our emotions, we would be barking up the wrong tree all the time.
2. as for; on the topic ofOnly applies to なら
- めずらし 。
- A six-figure income is not uncommon for physicians.
3. if that's the case; if so; that being the caseColloquialism, Abbreviation, See also それなら
4. if possible; if circumstances allowOnly applies to ならば
1. to take lessons in; to be taught; to learn (from a teacher); to study (under a teacher); to get training in
1. to line up; to stand in a line
- あと 、
- After a long wait in line, she was told she should get a certified copy of her birth certificate as identification.
2. to rival; to match; to equal
- He is the greatest statesman that ever lived.
列ぶ 【ならぶ】、双ぶ 【ならぶ】
列ぶ: Rarely-used kanji form. 双ぶ: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to line up; to set up; to arrange in a line
- なら 。
- The maid arranged the knives and forks on the table.
2. to enumerate; to itemize
- なら 、
- All you do is string together a bunch of farfetched ideas. I can't understand a word of it.
3. to be equal (to); to compare well (with); to be as good (as)
双べる: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to ring; to sound; to chime; to beat; to snort (nose); to snap (fingers); to crack (joints)
2. to be popular; to be esteemed; to be reputed
3. to state; to insist; to complain
4. to fart (loudly)Archaism
1. to imitate; to follow; to copy; to emulateUsually written using kana alone
傚う 【ならう】、慣らう 【ならう】
傚う: Rarely-used kanji form. 慣らう: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to accustom; to train (e.g. one's ear)esp. 慣らす
2. to tame; to domesticate; to train (an animal)esp. 馴らす
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. and (also); both ... and; as well as
並に: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. Naraka; Hell; HadesBuddhism, From Sanskrit “naraka”
2. very bottom; the end; worst possible circumstances
3. trap room (of a theatre); below-stage basementOnly applies to 奈落
那落 【ならく】、捺落 【ならく】
1. to make even; to make smooth; to make level; to flattenUsually written using kana alone
2. to averageUsually written using kana alone
1. to make (someone) learnusu. 習わす
2. to be accustomed to ...; to be used to ...; to always ...after the -masu stem of a verb; usu. 慣わす
1. to place in a row; to line up
2. to list; to enumerate
3. to talk a lot of nonsense; to tell a lot of lies
- The landlord told me a cock and bull story about why we didn't have heat for three days.
1. cannot help (doing, etc.); cannot resist; cannot bear not tousu. ...てならない or ...でならない
- おも 、
- It was on my mind so much that I unthinkingly asked the pupil in front of me.
2. must not ...; should not ...usu. ...てはならない or ...ではならない
- You are not to smoke here.
3. must ...; have to ...; ought to ...See also なければならない, usu. ...なくてはならない, ...なければならない, or ...ねばならない