Words — 260 found
1. world; society; publicOnly applies to 世
- やってき 。
- Light has come into the world.
2. life; lifetime
- Newspapers influence the current of time.
3. age; era; period; epoch; generation
4. reign; rule
5. the timesOnly applies to 世
6. world (of existence)Buddhism, Only applies to 世
7. Series (stratigraphy)Series are subdivisions of rock layers made based on the ... Read more
1. charge; cost; price
- The longer you stay, the more overtime pay you'll get.
2. generation; age; (school) year; cohort; reign
- き 。
- Our transactions with that firm have continued unbroken since my father's generation.
4. a representative of; on behalf of; for (someone)after someone's name or title
5. switchboard numberSee also 代表電話番号, used after a phone number
6. counter for decades of ages, eras, etc.
- おお 。
- Many young women in their 20s plan to go abroad during their summer holidays.
7. counter for generations (of inheritors to a throne, etc.)
- だい ９０
- The Abe Cabinet is the Cabinet inaugurated on September 26, 2006 by Shinzo Abe, who was appointed as Japan's 90th Prime Minister.
8. proxy application companyAbbreviation, See also 代理申請会社
9. pronounAbbreviation, See also 代名詞, used in dictionaries, etc.
1. representation; agency; proxy
- I'm engaged tomorrow, so I've arranged for someone else to take my place.
2. proxy; agent; representative; deputy; substitute; surrogate; stand-in
- He will be my deputy while I am away.
3. Law of agencyThe law of agency is an area of commercial law dealing wi... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
- せつぞくし +
- だいめいし 」
- Relative pronouns perform as 'conjunction + pronoun'.
2. synonym; classic example; pattern; byword; representative
- The name Cleopatra has become a byword for a beautiful woman.
3. PronounIn linguistics and grammar, a pronoun is a pro-form that ... Read more
1. substitute; replacement; substituting; replacing
- おく 。
- Instead of going myself, I sent a letter.
2. stand-in; proxy; alternate; deputy; relief; successor
- よこ 。
- Using a doubled-up cushion in place of a pillow I lie down on the hard wooden floor with nothing but a carpet spread over it.
3. compensation; exchange; returnSee also 代わりに, usu. as 〜代わりに, etc.
4. another helping; second helping; seconds; refillSee also お代わり おかわり, usu. as お代わり
5. upcoming program; upcoming programmeAbbreviation, See also 替わり狂言, esp. 替わり, 替り
替わり 【かわり】、代り 【かわり】、替り 【かわり】
1. to replaceusu. 替える
- Shall I change the water for the flowers?
2. to exchange; to interchangeusu. 換える
- The bank will cash your fifty dollar check.
3. to substituteusu. 代える
替える 【かえる】、代える 【かえる】
1. representation; representative; delegate; delegation
- On behalf of my classmates, let me say a few words of thanks to you.
2. exemplification; typification; being representative of; being typical of; representative example; exemplar; model
- Monet's art is representative of Impressionism.
4. switchboard number; main numberAbbreviation, See also 代表番号
1. to succeed; to relieve; to replaceesp. 替わる, 替る
2. to take the place of; to substitute for; to take over for; to represent; to hand over (telephone)esp. 代わる, 代る
- かわ 。
- The company has changed hands three times.
3. to be exchanged; to change (places with); to switchesp. 換わる, 換る
代わる 【かわる】、換わる 【かわる】、替る 【かわる】、代る 【かわる】、換る 【かわる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. speaking by proxy; speaking for (someone else); acting as spokesman (for); representing (the views, feelings, etc. of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辯
2. payment by proxy; compensation by proxy; paying on behalf (of)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
3. acting for (someone else); carrying out (on someone's behalf)Only applies to 代弁, Only applies to 代辨
代辨 【だいべん】、代辯 【だいべん】
代辨: Rarely-used kanji form. 代辯: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. pinch-hitting; pinch hitterBaseball
2. Pinch hitterIn baseball, a pinch hitter is a substitute batter. Batte... Read more
1. compensation; reparation; indemnification
- うけと 。
- She got nothing in reward for her kindness.
2. price (of achieving a goal); cost
- What price do we have to pay for these advantages?
3. paying compensation on someone's behalf
5. compensation; substitutionPsychology
1. for generations; from generation to generation; generation after generation; through the ages
2. alternative; substitute
- When applying for tickets, please give alternative dates.
代替 【だいがえ】、代替え 【だいがえ】