1. work; job; labor; labour; business; task; assignment; occupation; employment
- おも 」「
- "I believe you like your job" "On the contrary, I hate it".
1. match; game; bout; contest
試合: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 仕合: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. way; method; means; resource; course
1. way; method; means; resource; remedy
2. (technical) specification
- しよう 、
- Specifications and price are subject to change.
3. Specification (technical standard)A specification (often abbreviated as spec) is an explici... Read more
仕樣: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. happiness; good fortune; luck; blessing
幸せ 【しやわせ】、仕合わせ 【しあわせ】、仕合わせ 【しやわせ】、倖せ 【しあわせ】、倖せ 【しやわせ】、仕合せ 【しあわせ】、仕合せ 【しやわせ】
しやわせ: Irregular kana usage. しやわせ: Irregular kana usage. 倖せ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. しやわせ: Irregular kana usage. 倖せ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. しやわせ: Irregular kana usage.
1. to finish; to stop; to end; to put an end to; to bring to a closeUsually written using kana alone
- I will call you when I have done my shopping.
2. to close (a business, etc.); to close down; to shut down; to shut upUsually written using kana alone
3. to put away; to put back; to keep; to storeUsually written using kana alone
- Put away your books and notebooks.
4. to do completely; to finishUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- もど 。
- What is done cannot be undone.
5. to do accidentally; to do without meaning to; to happen to doUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
終う 【しまう】、了う 【しまう】、蔵う 【しまう】
1. there's no (other) wayUsually written using kana alone
- His remarks allow of no other interpretation.
2. cannot be helped; unavoidable; inevitable; (there's) nothing one can do; having no choiceUsually written using kana alone
- Give up on this one. You're wasting your time.
3. it's no use (doing); pointless; useless; no good; insufficient; not enoughUsually written using kana alone, oft. as 〜てもしょうがない
- There is no sense in standing when there are seats available.
4. hopeless (person); annoying; troublesome; awfulUsually written using kana alone
- That child is impossible.
5. cannot stand it; unbearable; cannot help (doing, feeling); dying (to do)Usually written using kana alone, as 〜てしょうがない or 〜でしょうがない
- I've had it for today. I'm too tired.
仕様が無い 【しょうがない】、しょうが無い 【しょうがない】、仕様がない 【しようがない】、しようが無い 【しようがない】、仕様が無い 【しようがない】
1. structure; construction; arrangement; contrivance; mechanism; workings
- Economics is the study of economic mechanisms.
2. plan; plot; contrivance
1. management; dealing with; settlement; cleaning up; disposal
- He's spent all afternoon rooting up last year's spinach plants.
2. course of events; circumstances; particulars
3. end result (usu. bad); outcome
- ゆしゅつこく 】
- しまつ 。
- Ending up with being called a "measles exporting country" by the rest of the world, something that you could take as insult or truth.
4. economizing; economising; frugality; being thrifty
仕末: Irregular kanji usage.
1. finish; finishing; finishing touches
仕上: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to start; to begin; to commence
2. to challenge; to pick (a fight); to make (war); to draw (a reaction) from
3. to set (traps); to plant (explosives); to lay (mines)
4. to make a meld callMahjong, See also 鳴く
仕かける 【しかける】、し掛ける 【しかける】
1. device; contrivance; mechanism; gadget
2. trick; trap; calculated manipulation; gambit
3. (small) scale; half finished
4. commencement; initiation
5. set up; laying out; preparation
6. challenge; attack
1. to finish up; to complete; to finish off; to get through; to polish off
1. to tailor; to make (clothing)
- Will you make me up a dress if I give you the material?
2. to train; to bring up
3. to make it seem like; to pass off
4. to turn into a play or movie
5. to prepare; to send; to despatch
1. to lay in stock; to replenish stock; to procure
2. to learn; to find out; to take in
1. to be finished; to be completed; to be done
1. to partition; to divide; to mark off
- しき 。
- The garden is railed off from the path.
2. to direct; to manage; to run; to organize; to take responsibility for
- We'll have to organize the drinking party all over again as the section chief can't make it now.
3. to settle accounts
4. to assume a crouching posture (at the start of a bout); to poise oneself for the initial chargeSumo