Words — 1857 found
1. unskillful; poor; awkwardAntonym: 上手 じょうず
- He comes from England, but is very poor at English.
2. imprudent; untactful
- Take care not to make a foolish move.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
2. HelicopterA helicopter (informally known as a "chopper" or a "helo"... Read more
1. snakeじゃ is more associated with serpent and large snakes
- "Do you like snakes?" "Of course not."
2. serpent; large snake
蛇 【じゃ】、蛇 【くちなわ】、蛇 【へみ】、ヘビ
へみ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
JLPT N1 Links
1. to be fed up (with); to be tired (of); to be bored (with); to be unable to bear
- He's fed up with socializing.
2. to be stumped; to be nonplussed; to be disconcerted
3. to wince; to shrink back; to cringe
1. unskilled; clumsy; lousy; poor; awkward; shittyUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory
- Please don't do translations if you're crap at it. This is a plea from the English translation clients.
1. to be dented; to be indented; to yield; to give; to sink; to collapse; to cave in
2. to be beaten; to be overwhelmed; to yield; to give in; to give up
3. to be disheartened; to feel down; to feel depressedColloquialism
4. to suffer a loss; to lose
1. helmet; hard hat; protective headgear
2. HelmetA helmet is a form of protective gear worn on the head to... Read more
2. HeroinHeroin (diacetylmorphine or morphine diacetate), also kno... Read more
2. HeadphonesHeadphones are a pair of small loudspeakers which are des... Read more
ヘッドホーン: Irregular kana usage. ヘッドフォーン: Irregular kana usage.
1. hectareFrom French
2. HectareThe hectare is a metric unit of area defined as 10,000 sq... Read more
1. sponge gourd (Luffa aegyptiaca); Egyptian cucumber; Vietnamese luffa; dishrag gourdUsually written using kana alone
2. loofah; loofa; vegetable spongeUsually written using kana alone
3. something uselessUsually written using kana alone, metaphorically, generally in negative sentences
- Who cares about bad manners?
天糸瓜 【へちま】、糸爪 【へちま】、ヘチマ
へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). へちま: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). 糸爪: Irregular kanji usage.
1. completely exhausted; dead tired; knackeredOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. headlight (on a vehicle)
2. headlamp (flashlight worn on the head); head torch
1. navel; belly buttonUsually written using kana alone
2. protrusion or depression in the middle of an objectUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to へそ, Only applies to ヘソ
3. center; centre; most important part; main pointUsually written using kana alone
臍 【ほぞ】、𦜝 【へそ】、𦜝 【ほぞ】、ヘソ
𦜝: Rarely-used kanji form. 𦜝: Rarely-used kanji form.
2. HairbrushA hairbrush is a stick brush with rigid or soft bristles ... Read more