Words — 8073 found
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to givePolite (teineigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 上げる
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)Only applies to 上げる
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo) language, See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
1. cooking; cookery; cuisine; meal; food; dish; item on a menu
- These apples are good cookers.
2. (easily) dealing with something; handling (well)
- ところ ：
- Good points: The pleasure of disposing of enemies with a variety of combos.
3. CuisineCuisine (from French cuisine, "cooking; culinary art; kit... Read more
1. cleaning; sweeping; dusting; scrubbing
2. CleanlinessCleanliness is both the abstract state of being clean and... Read more
1. to drink; to gulp; to swallow; to take (medicine)呑む often means swallowing whole, gulping, etc.
- Must I take this medicine?
2. to smoke (tobacco)See also 喫む, also written 喫む
3. to engulf; to overwhelm
4. to keep down; to suppress
5. to accept (e.g. demand, condition)
6. to make light of; to conceal
7. DrinkingDrinking is the act of ingesting water or other drinks th... Read more
呑む 【のむ】、飮む 【のむ】
飮む: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. explanation; exposition; description; account; caption; legend
2. ExplanationAn explanation is a set of statements constructed to desc... Read more
1. study; research; investigation
2. ResearchResearch and experimental development is creative work un... Read more
1. meeting; conference; session; assembly; council; convention; congress
2. MeetingFor multi-event athletic competitions see Track and Field... Read more
1. education; schooling; training; instruction; teaching; upbringing
2. culture; cultivation; education
3. EducationEducation in its broadest, general sense is the means thr... Read more
1. fault; trouble; breakdown; failure; being out of order
2. damage (to a part of the body); injury; hurt
3. problem; hitch; obstacle; hindrance
4. objection; protest
5. FailureFailure refers to the state or condition of not meeting a... Read more
2. LectureA lecture is an oral presentation intended to present inf... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. production; manufacture
2. Outline of industrial organizationThe following outline is provided as an overview of and t... Read more
- She translated it word for word.
2. deciphering; decoding
4. TranslationTranslation is the communication of the meaning of a sour... Read more
飜訳: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. injection; jab; shot
2. Injection (medicine)An injection (often referred to as a "shot" or a "jab") i... Read more
1. contribution; donation
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
1. plan; project; schedule; scheme; program; programme
2. PlanA plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with tim... Read more
1. understanding; comprehension; appreciation
3. UnderstandingUnderstanding is a psychological process related to an ab... Read more
2. ExperienceExperience as a general concept comprises knowledge of or... Read more
1. expectation; anticipation; hope
2. promising; rising; up-and-coming
3. Expectation (epistemic)In the case of uncertainty, expectation is what is consid... Read more
1. discovery; detection; finding
2. Discovery (observation)Discovery is the act of detecting something new, or somet... Read more
1. settlement; solution; resolution
2. Resolution (music)Resolution in western tonal music theory is the move of a... Read more