Words — 284 found
1. to be worth; to be worthy of; to deserve; to meritusu. as 〜に値する
1. to do; to carry out; to performUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He said, "I will say nothing more, because I hate making excuses."
2. to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)Usually written using kana alone
- They will help you to get warm.
3. to serve as; to act as; to work asUsually written using kana alone
- かえ 。
- He used a headache as an excuse for leaving early.
4. to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Don't make such a sour face.
5. to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use asUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする,〜とする
6. to decide on; to chooseUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする
- All right. I'll take it.
7. to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, as 〜がする
- This soup smells horrible. Do you think it's gone off?
8. to be (in a state, condition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
9. to be worth; to costUsually written using kana alone
10. to pass (of time); to elapseUsually written using kana alone
- しゅっぱつ 。
- He is leaving in three days.
11. to place, or raise, person A to a post or status BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
12. to transform A to B; to make A into B; to exchange A for BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
13. to make use of A for B; to view A as B; to handle A as if it were BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
14. to feel A about BUsually written using kana alone, as AをBにする
15. verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")Usually written using kana alone
17. to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt toUsually written using kana alone, See also とする, as 〜うとする,〜ようとする
為る: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to be contrary; to run counter (to); to conflict (with); to disagree (with)
1. to rank (as); to occupy (a position)
2. to be located (in); to be situated
1. to take part in; to be a party to; to side with; to support; to agree with
1. to gather in large numbers (of people); to hang out (as a large group)Usually written using kana alone
- He hangs out a lot with the kids down the street.
2. to assemble (as a military unit or posse); to be quartered (in a particular location)
1. to try to ...; to be about to do ...after the volitional form of verb
- み 。
- Dick showed a willingness to help us.
2. to decide to ...after the dictionary form of verb
- おお 。
- In many parts of the world it is illegal to shoot wild game such as deer, moose or pheasant.
3. to take as; to treat as; to regard as
- This heater burns gas.
4. to use for
- If I had to define life in a word, it would be: Life is creation.
5. to suppose that (such) is the case; to assume
- Those people appreciate clarity.
6. to decide that; to think that
- She was dressed fit to kill.
7. to make into; to change into
- This cheese has a sharp taste.
8. to feel (e.g. after sound symbolism or psychological experience word); to look; to feel like
9. to intend; to have the intentionwith を目的
1. to see to it that ...; to make sure that ...; to try to ...Usually written using kana alone, after a verb
- Thanks. Maybe we'll come back.
1. to ask a question; to ask questions
- Don't ask such hard questions.
1. to try to do; to attempt to do
- Linda will try to have her own way in everything.
1. (I) think (that); (I) have a feeling (that); (I) fancy (that)at sentence end
- かれ 、
- さいきん 、
- ようなき 。
- I feel like he's grown cold toward me lately.
1. to hear; to hear by chance; to hear by accident; to catch (the sound)