Words — 1167 found
1. surely; undoubtedly; almost certainly; most likely (e.g. 90 percent)Usually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
- But I don't think Dad would like me to.
2. sternly; severelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, esp. キッと
3. having no slack; rigid; stiff; tightUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. suddenly; abruptly; instantlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Archaism
屹度: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 急度: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. tightly (holding on); firmly; securelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. strongly (built); solidly; sturdily; steadilyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. properly; well; sufficiently; hard (working, etc.); fully; completelyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. reliably; dependably; levelheadedly; shrewdly; wisely; cleverlyUsually written using kana alone, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. motionlessly (e.g. stand, wait); (be) stillOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone, じーっと is more emphatic. 凝乎と is rare.
- うご 、
- ま ）
- These special characteristics explain its preference for still-hunting (lying motionless beside a seal's breathing hole, waiting for one to surface).
2. fixedly (e.g. gaze, stare); intently (e.g. listen, think)Usually written using kana alone
- It's impolite to stare at people.
3. patiently (endure); stoicallyUsually written using kana alone
- Tell me. I'm all ears.
4. firmly (e.g. hold); restrainedUsually written using kana alone
- We ate with chopsticks in restrained silence.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. slowly; unhurriedly; without haste; leisurely; at one's leisureOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- か 。
- Slow and steady wins the race.
2. easily (e.g. in time); well; sufficiently; amply; with time to spareOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Won't you stay for tea?
3. well (e.g. sleep); comfortablyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. clearly; plainly; distinctlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. to be clear; to be definite; to be certain; to be exact; to become clear; to clear upoften as はっきりした
1. all; completely; totally; entirely; thoroughlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. at last; finallyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
- The dispute was finally settled.
2. barely; narrowly; just; by the skin of one's teethOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
- My daughter is barely fifteen.
1. slowly; quietly; steadily; gradually; gingerlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. soon; momentarily; before long; any time nowOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. drumming (noise); beating; pounding; banging; booming; stampingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Someone is battering at the door.
2. rapidly; quickly; steadilyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Certain animals are fast disappearing.
3. continuously; one after the other; in successionOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. straight; quickly; directly; all of a suddenOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, スーッと and すうっと are more emphatic
2. quietly; gently; softlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. to feel refreshed; to feel satisfied
1. to be disappointed; to be dejected; to be downhearted; to lose heart; to feel let downOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. to feel exhausted; to feel drainedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. properly; accurately; exactly; precisely; regularlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- うご 。
- My watch is running all right.
2. neatly; tidily; orderlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- I want to keep my room as neat as possible.
1. diligently; seriously; earnestly; reliably; steadily; legitimatelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. perfectly; properly; exactly; orderly; punctually; regularly; safely; in good conditionOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. sufficiently; satisfactorilyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. quicklyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. soundly (sleeping); fast (asleep)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. tightly; closelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, ぴったし is col.
2. exactly; preciselyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. suddenly (stopping)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. perfectly (suited); ideallyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. feeling refreshed; feeling relievedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- Just a spot of shut-eye has already refreshed my mind.
2. neat; tidy; clean
- She is neatly dressed.
3. frank; open-hearted; plain; simple; light
- Your grandmother is a charming lady.
4. completely; entirely
5. not in the least (with neg. verb); not at all
- I can never make you out.
6. nothing at all; completely useless; hopeless; awful
- I'm a total stranger to things of this kind.
1. roughly; approximately; round about; more or lessOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. cursorily; briefly; quickly; lightly; roughlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word