Words — 1113 found
1. dimly; faintly; indistinctly; vaguelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, also written as 呆んやり
2. absentmindedly; vacantly; carelesslyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. idly; aimlesslyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. absence of mind; fool; blockhead; dunce
1. all; altogether; entirely; completelyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. exactly like; just like; spitting image ofOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. sweetly (smiling); broadly (grinning)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also ニコニコ
JLPT N2 Links
1. keenly; deeply; fully; heartily; seriously; earnestlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
- かん 。
- The sad story came home to her.
2. calmly; quietly; softlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
3. fixedly (e.g. gazing, staring)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
染み染み 【しみじみ】、沁沁 【しみじみ】、泌み泌み 【しみじみ】
泌み泌み: Irregular kanji usage.
1. softly; gently; quietlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. secretly; stealthilyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also こっそり
3. to leave alone; to leave as it isOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. carelessly; thoughtlessly; inadvertentlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. thump-thump; bang-bang; pit-a-pat; pitapat; pitter-patterOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. to beat fast (of one's heart); to throb; to pound; to palpitateOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. grunt; grumble; complaint; mutterOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- い 。
- My grandfather was always grumbling about something or other.
2. pimples; spots; eruption; rash
- さいきん 、
- I'm getting little pimples on my face. I wonder if I've been getting enough sleep lately.
3. cutting into small pieces
1. with a friendly grin; smilinglyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. so-so; passableOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- "How do you find your washing-machine?" "Not so bad."
2. now, nowused to calming somebody down
- Now, please don't get so angry.
3. my, myFemale term or language, expression of wonder, surprise, etc.
- ちい 、
- My what a narrow waist! Her face is small, she really looks just like a doll!
1. refreshingly; with a feeling of relief; pleasantly; (a weight) off one's shoulderOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also さっぱり
- A cup of coffee cleared my head.
2. shapely; neatly; refinedly
- さが 。
- I'm looking for a coat. I'm short so the length should be on the short side, and as refined a design as possible.
3. cleanly; without trouble
- I'm ashamed to tell such a muddled story in this dreary, rainy season, but please bear with me for a while.
4. clearly; plainly; distinctlySee also はっきり
5. completely; thoroughlySee also すっかり
- Then clean it really well.
6. not at all (with negative sentence); not even slightlySee also さっぱり
- Certainly she wouldn't have dreamt that I would get up promptly without grumbling.
1. with a glitter; with a sparkleOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, ピッカピカ and ビカビカ are more emphatic
- The car is waxed and shining.
2. brand new; shiny and newOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- It's brand new.
1. tightly (packed); densely; closely; crammedOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. restlessly; aimlessly; without purposeOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. to loiter; to drift; to hang about doing nothing; to wander aimlessly; to be restlessOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, See also 彷徨く
- I wandered about aimlessly all day.
3. to be restless; to fuss; to be in a fidgetOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. lightly (floating, drifting, etc.); buoyantlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. soft; fluffy; spongyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. unsteadily; flightily; fickly; frivolouslyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. bursting out (laughter); breaking out (applause); roaring; whoopingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. in a rush; in a surge; flooding in; pouring inOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. suddenly; all of a suddenOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
1. diligently; assiduously; industriously; beavering awayOnomatopoeic or mimetic word