Words — 436 found
1. country; state
- おさ 。
- The king governed the country.
- ほっかいどう 富良野
- "From the North Country" is a TV drama produced by Fuji TV and set in Furano in Hokkaido.
3. national government; central government
4. home (i.e. hometown, home country)
- The scientist is famous both at home and abroad.
5. province (of Japan)Archaism, See also 国郡里制
6. land; earthArchaism
邦 【くに】、國 【くに】
國: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. generation (e.g. power)
2. sending a telegram; telegraphingObsolete term
3. Electricity generationElectricity generation is the process of generating elect... Read more
發電: Out-dated kanji.
1. safety; security; peace; quiet
- し 、
- ためいき 。
- Informed of his safety, the manager breathed a sigh of relief.
2. safely; without incident; successfullySee also 無事に
- とど 。
- The shipment has reached us safely.
3. good health
4. inaction; ennuiObsolete term
1. activity (of a person, organization, animal, volcano, etc.); action
2. movie (esp. during the silent movie period)Abbreviation, Obsolete term, See also 活動写真
1. surgery; operation; procedure
2. skill with one's hands; sleight of handObsolete term
しゅずつ: Irregular kana usage.
1. atmosphere; mood; ambience; ambiance; aura; feel
2. a certain air; presence; special aura; something (about someone)
3. (Earth's) atmosphereObsolete term, See also 大気
ふんい気 【ふんいき】、ふん囲気 【ふんいき】、雰囲気 【ふいんき】
ふいんき: Irregular kana usage.
2. diplomatic intercourseObsolete term
3. InternationalInternational mostly means something that involves more t... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. to play an instrument (esp. string instruments)
2. to danceObsolete term
1. early autumn (fall)
- At no time does the plain look so perfect as in early autumn.
2. seventh month of the lunar calendarObsolete term, Only applies to しょしゅう, See also 文月
1. emergency; crisis; imminent danger
2. Vulnerable (conservation status); VUObsolete term, See also 絶滅危惧
1. the Monkey (ninth sign of the Chinese zodiac)
2. hour of the Monkey (around 4pm, 3-5pm, or 4-6pm)Obsolete term, See also 申の刻
3. west-southwestObsolete term
4. 7th month of the lunar calendarObsolete term
6. Monkey (zodiac)The Monkey is the ninth of the 12-year cycle of animals w... Read more
1. the Horse (seventh sign of the Chinese zodiac)
2. hour of the Horse (around noon, 11am-1pm, or 12 noon-2pm)Obsolete term, See also 午の刻
3. southObsolete term
4. fifth month of the lunar calendarObsolete term
6. Horse (zodiac)The Horse (馬 午) is one of the 12-year cycle of animals wh... Read more
1. the Dog (eleventh sign of the Chinese zodiac)
2. hour of the Dog (around 8pm, 7-9pm, or 8-10pm)Obsolete term, See also 戌の刻
3. west-northwestObsolete term
4. ninth month of the lunar calendarObsolete term
6. Dog (zodiac)The Dog is one of the 12-year cycle of animals which appe... Read more
1. PersiaUsually written using kana alone, See also イラン
波斯 【ペルシア】、波斯 【ハルシャ】
波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading. ハルシャ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 波斯: Ateji (phonetic) reading.