Words — 76 found
1. to hold in one's arms (e.g. a baby); to embrace; to hugLiterary or formal term, See also 抱く だく
2. to have (a thought or feeling); to hold; to harbour (suspicion, doubt, etc.); to harbor; to bear (a grudge, ill will, etc.); to entertain (hope, illusions, etc.); to cherish (e.g. an ambition)
1. having; holding; possessing; owning; using; holder; owner; user
- I have back problems.
2. wear; durability; lifealso written as 保ち
- The suit materials of this sort will not stand up well.
3. charge; expense
4. draw (in go, poetry contest, etc.); tieLiterary or formal term
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to be able to ...; can ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- It was a satisfactory arrangement for fifteen years.
2. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainLiterary or formal term, See also 得る える
- おお 。
- I benefited much from my association with him.
1. painstaking piece of work; work of great effort; tour de force; outstanding workesp. りきさく
2. toil; labor; labourLiterary or formal term, esp. りょくさく
1. working one's way through school; earning one's own school fees
2. studying under adversity; studying in harsh economic circumstances
1. it is ... that ...; precisely; in particular; definitely; for sure; only (when, after, because, etc.)emphasizes preceding word or phrase
2. although; while; it is the case that ... butas こそあれ, こそすれ, こそするが, etc.
3. it is precisely because ... that ...after conditional -ba form of verb
4. not at all; not in the slightest; absolutely not; neverLiterary or formal term, after -nai stem of verb + ば
1. eminent; prominent; distinguished; first-rate; leadingUsually written using kana alone
2. ringing (of metal); resonant (of a musical instrument)Literary or formal term
1. hungryLiterary or formal term, Usually written using kana alone
1. other; another; remaining; leftover
2. over; more than
- Shurrup! Don't make such a fuss over a little headache. I'm flat out of magical power - this is all your fault!
3. I; meLiterary or formal term, Only applies to 余, See also 予 よ
餘: Out-dated kanji.
1. way; method; means; resource; courseLiterary or formal term, See also 仕方
1. unworthy (of one's father, teacher, etc.)
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
3. incompetent; unskilled; inexperienced; foolishLiterary or formal term, used self-referentially
4. unfortunate; unluckyArchaism
1. biting (cold); severe; intense; piercingLiterary or formal term
凛烈 【りんれつ】、凜烈 【りんれつ】、凜冽 【りんれつ】
1. weapon; arms; shield and spearLiterary or formal term
2. fighting; warLiterary or formal term