Words — 102 found
1. this; this oneUsually written using kana alone, See also それ, See also あれ, See also どれ, indicating an item near the speaker, the action of the speaker, or the current topic
- This is an interesting book.
2. this personUsually written using kana alone, usu. indicating someone in one's in-group
- This is my brother. Handsome, isn't he?
3. now; this point (in time)Usually written using kana alone, as これから, これまで, etc.
- べんきょう 。
- I will study English hard from now on.
4. hereDated term, Usually written using kana alone
5. used to stress the subject of a sentenceFormal or literary term, Usually written using kana alone
6. I; meArchaism
是 【これ】、是れ 【これ】、之 【これ】、之れ 【これ】、維 【これ】、惟 【これ】、此 【これ】
此れ: Rarely-used kanji form. 是: Rarely-used kanji form. 是れ: Rarely-used kanji form. 之: Rarely-used kanji form. 之れ: Rarely-used kanji form. 維: Rarely-used kanji form. 惟: Rarely-used kanji form. 此: Irregular okurigana usage, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. contacting; (making) contact; getting in touch; communication; correspondence; call; message
- Please get in touch with me when you are here.
2. connection (with a train, bus, etc.); joining (a railway line, etc.); meeting
3. connection (between matters, incidents, etc.); relation; linkFormal or literary term
1. having; holding; possessing; owning; using; holder; owner; user
- I have back problems.
2. wear; durability; lifealso written as 保ち
- The suit materials of this sort will not stand up well.
3. charge; expense
4. draw (in go, poetry contest, etc.); tieFormal or literary term
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to be able to ...; can ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- It was a satisfactory arrangement for fifteen years.
2. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainFormal or literary term, See also 得る える
- おお 。
- I benefited much from my association with him.
1. painstaking piece of work; work of great effort; tour de force; outstanding workesp. りきさく
2. toil; labor; labourFormal or literary term, esp. りょくさく
1. to hold in one's arms (e.g. a baby); to embrace; to hugFormal or literary term, See also 抱く だく
2. to have (a thought or feeling); to hold; to harbour (suspicion, doubt, etc.); to harbor; to bear (a grudge, ill will, etc.); to entertain (hope, illusions, etc.); to cherish (e.g. an ambition)
1. working one's way through school; earning one's own school fees
2. studying under adversity; studying in harsh economic circumstances
1. it is ... that ...; precisely; in particular; definitely; for sure; only (when, after, because, etc.)emphasizes preceding word or phrase
- いみ 。
- Care over the particulars only has meaning once it gets across to customers.
2. although; while; it is the case that ... butas こそあれ, こそすれ, こそするが, etc.
- Young as he is, he is equal to the task.
3. it is precisely because ... that ...; only because ...after conditional -ba form of verb
- こうい 。
- It is precisely because I have your best interests at heart that I am saying this.
4. not at all; not in the slightest; absolutely not; neverFormal or literary term, after -nai stem of verb + ば
1. eminent; prominent; distinguished; first-rate; leadingUsually written using kana alone
2. ringing (of metal); resonant (of a musical instrument)Formal or literary term
1. other; another; remaining; leftover
2. over; more than
- Shurrup! Don't make such a fuss over a little headache. I'm flat out of magical power - this is all your fault!
3. I; meFormal or literary term, Only applies to 余, See also 予 よ
餘: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. hungryFormal or literary term, Usually written using kana alone
1. way; method; means; resource; courseFormal or literary term, See also 仕方
1. unworthy (of one's father, teacher, etc.)
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo) language
3. incompetent; unskilled; inexperienced; foolishFormal or literary term, used self-referentially
4. unfortunate; unluckyArchaism
1. to say; to stateHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Formal or literary term
1. biting (cold); severe; intense; piercingFormal or literary term
凛烈 【りんれつ】、凜烈 【りんれつ】、凜冽 【りんれつ】