Words — 59 found
1. to hold in one's arms (e.g. a baby); to embrace; to hugLiterary or formal term, See also 抱く だく
- That child felt secure in his mother's arms.
2. to have (a thought or feeling); to hold; to harbour (suspicion, doubt, etc.); to harbor; to bear (a grudge, ill will, etc.); to entertain (hope, illusions, etc.); to cherish (e.g. an ambition)
- The experience prejudiced her in favor of the Democratic Party.
1. having; holding; possessing; owning; using; holder; owner; user
- I have back problems.
2. wear; durability; lifealso written as 保ち
- The suit materials of this sort will not stand up well.
3. charge; expense
4. draw (in go, poetry contest, etc.); tieLiterary or formal term
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to be able to ...; can ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- It was a satisfactory arrangement for fifteen years.
2. to get; to acquire; to obtain; to procure; to earn; to win; to gain; to secure; to attainLiterary or formal term, See also 得る える
- おお 。
- I benefited much from my association with him.
1. working one's way through school; earning one's own school fees
2. studying under adversity; studying in harsh economic circumstancesLiterary or formal term
1. hungryLiterary or formal term, Usually written using kana alone
1. other; another; remaining; leftover
2. over; more than
- Shurrup! Don't make such a fuss over a little headache. I'm flat out of magical power - this is all your fault!
3. I; meLiterary or formal term, Only applies to 余, See also 予 よ
餘: Out-dated kanji.
1. way; method; means; resource; courseLiterary or formal term, See also 仕方
1. unworthy (of one's father, teacher, etc.)
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
3. incompetent; unskilled; inexperienced; foolishLiterary or formal term, used self-referentially
4. unfortunate; unluckyArchaism
1. tears on the sleeves (of one's kimono); weeping copiouslyLiterary or formal term
1. weapon; arms; shield and spearLiterary or formal term
2. fighting; warLiterary or formal term
1. biting (cold); severe; intense; piercingLiterary or formal term
凛烈 【りんれつ】、凜烈 【りんれつ】、凜冽 【りんれつ】