Words — 14 found
1. wanted; wished for; in need of; desiredSee also 欲しがる
- I want a knife to sharpen my pencil with.
2. I want (you) toUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- I'd like two copies of each of these documents.
1. painful; difficult; tough; hard
- くる 、
- It's so painful. Stop it!
2. distressing; (psychologically) difficult; stressful; awkward (e.g. position)
- He meditated on his past life of suffering.
3. straitened (circumstances); tight (financial situation); needy; struggling
- くる 。
- His family is rather badly off.
4. strained (interpretation, explanation, etc.); lame (e.g. excuse); forced (e.g. smile); far-fetched
2. likely to ...; have a tendency to ...Usually written using kana alone, after -masu stem of verb
3. easy to ...Usually written using kana alone, after -masu stem of verb
Common word Links
1. indicates emphasis, agreement, request for confirmation, etc.; is it soat sentence end
- It's a beautiful day, isn't it?
2. hey; come on; listen
- おねが 。
- Oh, have a heart.
3. notColloquialism, See also ない, verb-negating suffix; may indicate question or invitation with rising intonation
4. Ne (kana)ね, in hiragana, or ネ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. nonexistent; not being (there)Usually written using kana alone, See also 亡い
- There is not much difference between the two opinions.
2. unpossessed; unowned; not had
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
3. uniqueSee also またとない
4. not; impossible; won't happenas ...ことがない, etc.; indicates negation, inexperience, unnecessariness or impossibility
5. not ...See also ない, after the ren'youkei form of an adjective
6. to not be...; to have not ...after the -te form of a verb
1. want to ... do something; would like to ...after the -masu stem of a verb
- おも 。
- I don't know her and I don't think I want to.
2. indicates emphasisKyuushuu dialect, at sentence-end
3. very ...See also めでたい, after a noun or the -masu stem of a verb; also ったい
1. cannot help (doing); have no choice but to; am compelled to; am obliged to; it is incumbent upon (me) toafter the -nai stem of a verb
- ざるをえ 。
- I couldn't but speak the truth.
1. being too many (to finish or complete); being too muchUsually written using kana alone
1. difficult to ...; hard to ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 為難い しにくい, after -masu stem of verb
悪い 【にくい】、難い 【がたい】
1. always; foreverUsually written using kana alone, See also 止む, after the -te form of a verb
2. very; greatly (esp. of hopes and desires)
1. seeming ...; appearing ...expresses judgment based on evidence, reason or trustworthy hearsay
2. -ish; like a ...; typical of ...; appropriate for ...; becoming of ...; worthy of the name ...after a noun, adverb or adjective stem
1. notverb-negating suffix; may indicate question or invitation with rising intonation
2. emphatic suffixSee also 忙しない, after the root of an adjective
1. difficult to ...; hard to ...Usually written using kana alone, See also 辛い つらい, after -masu stem of verb
ずらい: Irregular kana usage.