1. nonexistent; not being (there)Usually written using kana alone, See also 亡い
- There is not much difference between the two opinions.
2. unpossessed; unowned; not had
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
3. uniqueSee also またとない
4. not; impossible; won't happenas ...ことがない, etc.; indicates negation, inexperience, unnecessariness or impossibility
5. not ...See also ない, after the ren'youkei form of an adjective
6. to not be...; to have not ...after the -te form of a verb
Log in to talk about this word.