1. nonexistent; not being (there)Usually written using kana alone
- There is not much difference between the two opinions.
2. unowned; not had; unpossessed
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
3. uniqueSee also またとない
4. not; impossible; won't happenas ...ことがない, etc.; indicates negation, inexperience, unnecessariness or impossibility
5. notSee also ない, after the ren'youkei form of an adjective
6. to not be; to have notafter the -te form of a verb
Log in to talk about this word.