Words — 150 found
1. to make sound (of an animal); to call; to cry; to whine; to sing; to chirp
- What sound does a sheep make?
2. to make a meld call (e.g. pung, kong)Mahjong term, Only applies to 鳴く
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. resonancePhysics terminology, Chemistry term
2. sympathy (with a view, idea, etc.)
- We have a lot of sympathies in common.
3. ResonanceIn physics, resonance is the tendency of a system to osci... Read more
1. to sound; to ring; to resound; to echo; to roar; to rumble
1. to ring; to sound; to chime; to beat; to snort (nose); to snap (fingers); to crack (joints)
2. to be popular; to be esteemed; to be reputed
3. to state; to insist; to complain
4. to fart (loudly)Archaism
1. to shout (in anger); to yell
呶鳴る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. cry (esp. animal); roar; chirp; tweet; bark; whine; meowSee also 泣き声
啼き声 【なきごえ】、啼声 【なきごえ】、鳴声 【なきごえ】
啼声: Irregular okurigana usage. 鳴声: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. tinnitus; ringing in the earsMedicine, etc. term
2. TinnitusTinnitus is the perception of sound within the human ear ... Read more
1. syrinx (part of a bird); lower larynx
- The truly remarkable feature of sound production by birds is that the two sides of the syrinx can act independently.
2. Syrinx (bird anatomy)2: tympanum, 3: first group of syringeal rings, 4: pessul... Read more
1. to begin making a sound (ringing, singing, crying, etc.)
- なりだ 。
- I had hardly walked a mile when it began to thunder.
1. big fuss over nothing; much cry and little wool; much ado about nothingYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to reverberate; to resound; to echo
2. to have one's fame spread; to be renowned
鳴響く 【なりひびく】、鳴りひびく 【なりひびく】
Common word Links
1. strait with a roaring tidal ebb and flow; whirlpool; maelstromfrom 鳴門海峡
2. kamaboko with a spiral whirlpool-like patternAbbreviation, See also 鳴門巻き
3. cooking technique where ingredients are cut in a spiral patternFood term
4. Naruto (city in Tokushima)Only applies to 鳴門
5. Naruto StraitAbbreviation, Only applies to 鳴門, from 鳴門海峡
6. Naruto wakameAbbreviation, Only applies to 鳴門, See also 鳴門若布 なるとわかめ
7. Naruto (toshiyori)Naruto is a toshiyori (an elder of the Japan Sumo Associa... Read more