Words — 496 found
1. to be crowded; to be packed; to be congested; to be thronged (with)See also 混む, usu. 混む
- こ 。
- The train is very crowded this evening.
2. to be complex; to be intricateSee also 手の込んだ
3. to go into; to go in; to put intoafter -masu stem of verb
4. to become (completely)after -masu stem of verb
5. to do thoroughly; to do sufficientlyafter -masu stem of verb
6. to remain (silent, seated, etc.); to stay ...after -masu stem of verb
1. to apply for; to make an application; to propose (marriage); to offer (mediation); to make an overture (of peace); to challenge; to lodge (objections); to request (an interview); to subscribe for; to book; to reserve
申込む 【もうしこむ】、申しこむ 【もうしこむ】
1. crowd of people
人込み 【ひとごみ】、人混み 【ひとごみ】、人込 【ひとごみ】
人込: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to jump in; to leap in; to plunge into; to dive
2. to burst in; to barge in
飛びこむ 【とびこむ】、飛込む 【とびこむ】
1. to thrust (something) into (something); to cram; to stuff; to shove
- ある 。
- A boy was walking with his hands in his pockets.
2. to plunge into; to charge into; to rush into; to ram into; to crash into
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. to delve into (a matter); to go into depth; to get to the heart (of something)
- He's doing in-depth research on ancient history.
4. to press (someone) about; to point out (e.g. an inconsistency); to question sharply; to grill
5. to get involved with; to meddle in; to poke one's nose intoSee also 首を突っ込む
- Stop sticking your nose into other people's business.
6. to riposte; to retort; to quip
突っこむ 【つっこむ】、突込む 【つっこむ】、ツッコむ
1. to melt into; to dissolve into; to merge into
2. to blend into (surroundings); to fit in; to adapt to; to integrate
解け込む 【とけこむ】、融け込む 【とけこむ】、溶込む 【とけこむ】、解込む 【とけこむ】、溶けこむ 【とけこむ】、とけ込む 【とけこむ】
1. to be convinced (that); to be under the impression (that); to feel sure (that); to assume (that)
2. to make up one's mind; to set one's heart on; to be determined (to do); to be bent on
3. to be obsessed (with a thought, idea, etc.); to think about obsessively
1. to draw back; to sink; to cave in
2. to be set back (e.g. from a road)
3. to withdraw (e.g. from the public eye); to retire to (somewhere); to stay indoors; to butt out; to stay out of it
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. hope; promise; possibility; chance; probability; likelihood
2. expectation; anticipation; forecast; estimate
3. side of a structural memberSee also 見付 みつけ
見込: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. application; entry; request; subscription; offer; proposal; overture; challenge
申込み 【もうしこみ】、申込 【もうしこみ】
1. to feel down; to feel sad; to be depressed; to be in low spirits
- I get depressed by the slightest things.
2. to be in a slump (business, economy, etc.); to be in an unfavourable condition
- おちこ 。
- Compared with the level of a year ago, the price is sharply lower.
3. to fall into (e.g. a hole)
落込む 【おちこむ】、落ちこむ 【おちこむ】
1. to drive in (e.g. nail, stake); to hammer in
- うちこ 。
- He hammered nails into the plank.
2. to hit (a ball, etc.); to drive; to smash
3. to fire into (e.g. a crowd); to launch (e.g. missiles); to lob (e.g. grenades)See also 撃ち込む
4. to input (data); to enter
- でんげんをい 、
- たちあ 、
- うちこ 。
- I switch on my laptop, start up the browser, and type in the address I've already learnt by heart.
5. to devote oneself to; to be absorbed in; to be (really) into; to be enthusiastic about; to put heart and soul into; to throw oneself into; to go head over heels for
- うちこ 。
- He applied himself to the task.
6. to practice hitting (baseball, tennis, etc.)Sports
7. to hit (an opponent in kendo, boxing, etc.); to get a blow inMartial arts
8. to invade one's opponent's territory; to place a stone in an opponent's formationGo (game)
9. to pour (concrete, etc.) into a form
打ちこむ 【うちこむ】、打込む 【うちこむ】、うち込む 【うちこむ】
1. to herd; to drive; to chase; to corral
2. to corner; to force someone into doing
- おいこ 。
- We have been completely cornered.
3. to go hard; to push yourself; to make a last charge
- I work best under pressure.
4. to run on (e.g. lines in printing)
5. to have two strikesBaseball
1. to push into; to cram into; to stuff into; to crowd into
- おしこ 。
- A man with a gun urged him into the car.
2. to break in; to burgle; to burglarize
1. to insert; to include; to incorporate; to cut in (printing)
組込む 【くみこむ】、組みこむ 【くみこむ】
1. to be enthusiastic about; to be eager; to be keen
意気ごむ 【いきごむ】、息込む 【いきごむ】
息込む: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to board; to embark on; to get into (a car); to man (a ship); to help (someone) into
- のりこ 。
- The child got on an airplane in good mood.
2. to march into; to enter
- How brave of you to go alone into the primaeval forest!
乗りこむ 【のりこむ】、乗込む 【のりこむ】
1. to load (a gun, etc.); to charge
- He keeps this gun loaded.
2. to put into (e.g. emotion, effort)
- Her technique is superb, but she needs to play with more expression.
3. to include (e.g. tax in a sales price)
- こ 。
- The new constitution included the aim of abridging the king's power.
4. to hang over; to shroud; to enshroud; to envelop; to screenSee also 立ち込める
籠める 【こめる】、篭める 【こめる】、罩める 【こめる】
罩める: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to swallow; to gulp down
- The flood overwhelmed the village.
2. to understand; to grasp; to take in; to catch on; to learn
- Got the hang of it?
3. to engulf; to swallow up
4. to be filled with (people); to contain
5. to swallow (one's words); to suppress (a yawn, tears, etc.); to stifle; to hold back
呑み込む 【のみこむ】、飲みこむ 【のみこむ】、呑みこむ 【のみこむ】、のみ込む 【のみこむ】、飲込む 【のみこむ】