Words — 49 found
1. opposite side; bottom; other side; side hidden from view; undersurface; reverse sideAntonym: 表 おもて
- There's gum stuck to the back of my shoe.
2. rear; back; behind
- There was a large garden behind the house.
3. lining; inside
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
4. in the shadows; behind the scenes; offstage; behind (someone's) back
- He can pull strings for you.
5. more (to something than meets the eye); hidden side (e.g. of one's personality); unknown circumstances; different side
6. proofSee also 裏付け
7. opposite (of a prediction, common sense, etc.); contrarySee also 裏をかく
8. inverse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
9. bottom (of an inning); last half (of an inning)Baseball term, Antonym: 表 おもて
1. attic; loft
2. AtticAn attic is a space found directly below the pitched roof... Read more
1. front and back; inside and outside; two sides; both sides
- うらがえ 。
- You need to reverse your vest, it's back to front.
2. duplicity; double-dealing; being two-facedOnly applies to ひょうり
- He is sincere about what he says.
1. sunken hearth; sunken fireplace
2. IroriIrori (いろり, 囲炉裏, 居炉裏) are a type of traditional sunken he... Read more
居炉裏 【いろり】、囲炉裡 【いろり】
囲炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 居炉裏: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 囲炉裡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. back of the house
- There used to be a big cherry tree at the back of my house.
1. behind closed doors; behind-the-scenes; (under the veil of) secrecy
1. imperial palace
2. festival dolls representing the emperor and the empressAbbreviation, See also 内裏雛
1. determining a speaker's true or hidden meaning; determining a speaker's intentions from his manner of speechesp. 口裏
2. divining good or bad luck from listening to someoneArchaism, esp. 口占
口占 【くちうら】、口うら 【くちうら】
1. (with a) successful outcome; (ending in) successoft. adverbially as 成功裏に
1. secretly; covertly; tacitlyoft. as 〜に
暗々裡 【あんあんり】、暗暗裏 【あんあんり】、暗暗裡 【あんあんり】