Words — 39 found
1. surfaceAntonym: 裏
2. face (i.e. the visible side of an object)
- みわ 。
- I cannot tell which is the right side of this paper.
3. front (of a building, etc.); obverse side (i.e. "head") of a coin
- I don't understand the problem; I could make neither head nor tail of it.
4. outside; exterior
- けんとう 。
- I don't know what kind of creature is making such a terrible noise outside tonight.
- あらわ 。
- An inner defect never fails to express itself outwardly.
7. first half (of an inning); top (of an inning)Baseball, Antonym: 裏 うら
8. cover (for tatami mats, etc.)
1. front and back; inside and outside; two sides; both sides
- うらがえ 。
- You need to reverse your vest, it's back to front.
2. duplicity; double-dealing; being two-facedOnly applies to ひょうり
- He is sincere about what he says.
1. going public (with a matter); becoming public knowledge
2. recourse to litigation; taking (a matter) to court
1. to become public; to become known; to come out in the open
2. to be formal; to be official
1. side of a mountain that gets a lot of sunshine (and is therefore suitable for farming)