1. opposite side; bottom; other side; side hidden from view; undersurface; reverse sideAntonym: 表 おもて
- There's gum stuck to the back of my shoe.
2. rear; back; behind
- There was a large garden behind the house.
3. lining; inside
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
4. in the shadows; behind the scenes; offstage; behind (someone's) back
- He can pull strings for you.
5. more (to something than meets the eye); hidden side (e.g. of one's personality); unknown circumstances; different side
6. proofSee also 裏付け
7. opposite (of a prediction, common sense, etc.); contrarySee also 裏をかく
8. inverse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
9. bottom (of an inning); last half (of an inning)Baseball, Antonym: 表 おもて
- いま 、
- This is the bottom of what inning?
Log in to talk about this word.