Words — 207 found
1. stage (theatre, theater)
- お 。
- 'Madame Butterfly' is set in Nagasaki.
2. scene or setting (e.g. of novel, play, etc.)
- The novel I'm writing next is set in a love hotel so I wanted to see what one actually looks like.
4. Stage (theatre)In theatre or performance arts, the stage (sometimes refe... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
- し 、
- If I had known about your illness, I would have visited you in the hospital.
2. get-well gifts; get-well lettersSee also 見舞い品
3. expression of sympathy; expression of concern; enquiry; inquirySee also お見舞い申し上げる
1. to finish; to stop; to end; to put an end to; to bring to a closeUsually written using kana alone
- I will call you when I have done my shopping.
2. to close (a business, etc.); to close down; to shut down; to shut upUsually written using kana alone
3. to put away; to put back; to keep; to storeUsually written using kana alone
- Put away your books and notebooks.
4. to do completely; to finishUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- もど 。
- What is done cannot be undone.
5. to do accidentally; to do without meaning to; to happen to doUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
終う 【しまう】、了う 【しまう】、蔵う 【しまう】
1. to ask after (someone's health); to visit
- みま 。
- He visited a sick friend who was in the hospital.
2. to attack; to strike; to meet with misfortune; to suffer an attack
- みま 。
- An earthquake of magnitude 5 shook Tokyo.
1. to behave; to conduct oneself
- If you are a student, behave as such.
2. to entertain; to treat someone (to a drink); to make tea for someone (tea ceremony)
- She treated me to a cup of tea.
1. to dance (orig. a whirling dance)See also 踊る
2. to flutter about; to revolve
- ま 。
- It looks like cherry blossom-viewing season is at an end. You can see the petals fluttering down.
1. kabuki; Japanese classical drama
3. Kabukiis a classical Japanese dance-drama. Kabuki theatre is kn... Read more
1. calling on someone who is ill; enquiry; inquirySee also 見舞い
お見舞 【おみまい】、御見舞い 【おみまい】、御見舞 【おみまい】
1. behavior; behaviour; conduct
2. entertainment; treat; feast; banquet
振舞い 【ふるまい】、振るまい 【ふるまい】、振舞 【ふるまい】
1. dancing; dance
舞い 【まい】、儛 【まい】
儛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. the end; closing; being done forUsually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, See also 仕舞い
2. that's it; that's enough; that's allUsually written using kana alone
お終い 【おしまい】、御仕舞い 【おしまい】、御終い 【おしまい】、お仕舞 【おしまい】、御仕舞 【おしまい】
1. summer greeting card; inquiry after someone's health in the hot seasonYojijukugo (four character compound), See also 暑中お見舞い
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to soar; to fly high; to be whirled up
2. to make merry; to be ecstatic; to be in high spirits
舞いあがる 【まいあがる】、舞上がる 【まいあがる】、舞い上る 【まいあがる】、舞上る 【まいあがる】
1. encouragement; inspiration; rousing; stirring up; raising (e.g. morale)
1. ball; dance
2. Ball (dance)A ball is a formal dance. Attendees wear evening attire, ... Read more
舞踏會: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. kabuki troupe; kabuki theater (theatre)
- What is the program of the Kabuki for next month?
2. Kabuki-za (theatre in Tokyo)
3. Kabuki-zaKabuki-za in Ginza was the principal theater in Tokyo for... Read more