Words — 128 found
1. shogi; Japanese chess
2. Shogi, also known as Japanese chess, is a two-player strategy ... Read more
象棋 【しょうぎ】、象戯 【しょうぎ】、将棊 【しょうぎ】
象棋: Rarely-used kanji form. 象戯: Rarely-used kanji form. 将棊: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. future; (future) prospects
2. bringing (from abroad, another region, etc.)
3. bringing about; giving rise to; causing; incurringSee also 招来
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. exactly; just; precisely; really; truly; surely; certainly; without doubtUsually written using kana alone
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
2. right (when); just (as)Usually written using kana alone
- I was about to leave when you telephoned.
3. just (about to); on the point of; on the verge of; on the brink ofUsually written using kana alone, also written as 将に
4. really (ought to); certainly (should); naturallyUsually written using kana alone, as まさに...べき; also written as 当に
1. mahjong; mah-jonggFrom Chinese “májiàng”
2. MahjongMahjong is a game that originated in China, commonly play... Read more
麻将: Irregular kanji usage. まーじゃん: Irregular kana usage. まあじゃん: Irregular kana usage.
1. commander-in-chief; supreme commander
2. captain (of a team)Sports
- He was made captain of the team.
1. general; admiralMilitary
2. head; chief; leader; boss; kingpin
3. old chap; mate; boss; chief; manFamiliar language, familiar or jocular term for addressing a male
4. athlete who competes in the last match of a team competition (kendo, judo, etc.)See also 先鋒 せんぽう
だいしょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. commissioned officer
將校: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. or; otherwise
2. furthermore; also
3. perhaps; by some chance; possiblyArchaism
4. that being said; be that as it mayArchaism
5. however; butArchaism
6. not to mention; needless to sayArchaism
7. as expected; sure enoughArchaism
8. really; at allArchaism, used to express emphatic denial, suspicion, or emotion
1. major general; rear admiral; air commodoreMilitary
2. Major generalMajor general or major-general is a military rank used in... Read more
1. commodore; brigadier general
2. Brigadier generalBrigadier general is a senior rank in the armed forces. I... Read more
1. king (of the senior player)Shogi
王將: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.