Words — 119 found
1. shogi; Japanese chess
2. Shogi, also known as Japanese chess, is a two-player strategy ... Read more
象棋 【しょうぎ】、象戯 【しょうぎ】
1. future (usually near); prospects
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. exactly; surely; certainly; justUsually written using kana alone, esp. 正に when in kanji
- つく 、
- Desktop publishing lets you produce books quickly and cheaply. It's like killing two birds with one stone.
2. right then; just then; at that momentUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to leave when you telephoned.
3. just (about to); on the verge (of doing or happening)Usually written using kana alone, esp. 将に when in kanji
4. duly; naturallyUsually written using kana alone, esp. 当に when in kanji
将に 【まさに】、当に 【まさに】
1. general; shogun
2. General officerA general officer is an officer of high military rank, us... Read more
1. commander-in-chief; supreme commander
2. captain (of a team)Sports
- He was made captain of the team.
1. general; admiral
2. head; chief; leader; boss; kingpin
3. old chap; mate; boss; chief; manFamiliar language, familiar or jocular term for addressing a male
4. athlete who competes in the last match of a team competition (kendo, judo, etc.)See also 先鋒 せんぽう
だいしょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. commissioned officer
將校: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. major general; rear admiral; air commodore
2. Major generalMajor general or major-general is a military rank used in... Read more
1. chess problem; composed shogi problem
2. TsumeshogiTsumeshogi or tsume is the Japanese term for a shogi prob... Read more
1. commodore; brigadier general
2. Brigadier generalBrigadier general is a senior rank in the armed forces. I... Read more
1. king (of the senior player)Shogi
王將: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.