Words — 1553 found
2. MapA map is a visual representation of an area—a symbolic de... Read more
1. underground train; subway
2. Rapid transitA rapid transit, underground, subway, elevated railway, m... Read more
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. Earth; the globe
2. EarthEarth (or the Earth) is the third planet from the Sun, an... Read more
1. area; region
2. RegionThis article is about the geographic sense of the term. F... Read more
1. place; position; location
- His office is located in the center of the town.
2. position; standing; status; situation
- Do you have any idea who we should single out for the position?
3. Position (vector)In geometry, a "position", "location", or "radius vector"... Read more
位地: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. underground; below the groundAntonym: 地上
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. world of the dead; the grave
3. underground (activities, movement, etc.); secret; illegal; in hiding
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. amusement park
3. Amusement parkAmusement and theme parks are terms for a group of entert... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
3. HellIn many religious traditions, hell is a place of sufferin... Read more
- あと 、
- すみつ 。
- Years later, Europeans established colonies in the coastal areas.
2. (Japanese) settlement (in Brazil)Brazilian
- He dates the custom from the colonial days.
3. ColonyIn politics and history, a colony is a territory under th... Read more
1. cemetery; graveyard
2. CemeteryA cemetery is a spatially defined area where the remains ... Read more
1. agricultural land; farmland
2. Arable landIn geography and agriculture, arable land is land that ca... Read more
1. terrain; geographical features; topography
2. LandformA landform in the earth sciences and geology sub-fields, ... Read more
1. landowner; landlord; landlady
2. LandlordA landlord is the owner of a house, apartment, condominiu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. district; region; area; locality
- なつ 、
- He traveled through the Tohoku district this summer.
2. the country; countryside; the provinces; rural areaSee also 中央
- It seems the rural area will be developed on a large scale.
3. civilian societyObsolete term, Imperial Japanese Army jargon
1. plot of land; lot; soil
2. locality; region; place
土地 【どおじ】、土地 【どじ】、土地 【どち】
どおじ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. どじ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. どち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (social) position; status; standing
- An expensive car is a status symbol.
2. position (in a company, organization, etc.); post; rank
- He holds a high position at the company.
1. cloth; fabric; material; texture
- Will you make me up a dress if I give you the material?
2. dough; batter
- ふく 。
- Yeast makes dough rise.
3. inherent quality; one's true character; one's true colours
4. unglazed pottery
5. skin with no make-up
6. uncoated metal