Words — 200 found
1. ground; land; earth; soil
- かた 。
- Adversity strengthens the foundations.
2. the region in question; the local area
4. texture; fabric; material; weave
- Her dress has white spots on a blue background.
5. base; background
6. one's true nature
7. narrative (i.e. descriptive part of a story)
8. real life; actuality
9. captured territory (in the game of go)
10. noh chorusSee also 地謡
11. accompaniment music (in Japanese dance)
12. basic phrase (in Japanese music; usu. repetitive)
13. base part (of multiple shamisens)
2. EarthquakeAn earthquake (also known as a quake, tremor or temblor) ... Read more
地震 【ない】、地震 【なえ】、地震 【じぶるい】
ない: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. なえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. じぶるい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
3. HellIn many religious traditions, hell is a place of sufferin... Read more
1. terrain; geographical features; topography
2. LandformA landform in the earth sciences and geology sub-fields, ... Read more
1. landowner; landlord; landlady
2. LandlordA landlord is the owner of a house, apartment, condominiu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. district; region; area; locality
- なつ 、
- He traveled through the Tohoku district this summer.
2. the country; countryside; the provinces; rural areaSee also 中央
- It seems the rural area will be developed on a large scale.
3. civilian societyObsolete term, Imperial Japanese Army jargon
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. plain; simple; subdued; sober
- For my tastes, I'd prefer plainer, or rather, more tasteful clothing.
2. reserved (behaviour, attitude, etc.); modest; quiet; unobtrusive
- この 。
- She favors quiet colors.
3. quite; a (little) bitColloquialism, as 地味に
1. home area; home town
- These goods may not be available locally.
- おこな 。
- The lady's funeral was held at the local church.
Common word Links
1. land mine
2. topic that sets someone off; sensitive topic; taboo topic; triggerColloquialism
3. something that seems fine at first but turns out to be very bad (e.g. product, business); booby trap; pitfallColloquialism
4. Land mineA land mine is an explosive device, concealed under or on... Read more
2. LandslideA landslide or landslip is a geological phenomenon which ... Read more
地辷り 【じすべり】、地すべり 【じすべり】
1. ore; unprocessed metal; ground metal
2. (one's) true character
- His true colors are coming out.
3. IngotAn ingot is a material, usually metal, that is cast into ... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. ground; crust (earth); bed (gravel, river, etc.)
2. foundation (building, etc.); base
3. constituency; power base; support (electoral); footing; foothold
1. local residents
- There was a flare-up between local residents and state regulators.
1. local newspaper
- He is the book critic for the local newspaper.