1. ground; land; earth; soilAbbreviation
- かた 。
- Adversity strengthens the foundations.
2. the region in question; the local area
4. texture; fabric; material; weave
- Her dress has white spots on a blue background.
5. base; background
6. one's true nature
7. narrative (i.e. descriptive part of a story)
8. real life; actuality
9. captured territory (in the game of go)
10. noh chorusSee also 地謡
11. accompaniment music (in Japanese dance)
12. basic phrase (in Japanese music; usu. repetitive)
13. base part (of multiple shamisens)
Log in to talk about this word.