Words — 510 found
1. to return (something); to restore; to put backSee also 帰す かえす, esp. 返す
- I'll give you back the money tomorrow.
2. to turn over; to turn upside down; to overturn
3. to pay back; to retaliate; to reciprocateesp. 返す
- You bit the hand that fed you.
4. to respond (with); to retort; to reply; to say back
5. to do ... back (e.g. speak back, throw back)after the -masu stem of a verb
6. to do again; to do repeatedlyafter the -masu stem of a verb
1. reflection; reconsideration; introspection; meditation; contemplation
- He reflected on his own thoughts.
2. regret; repentance; remorse; being sorry
- She showed her regret over the serious mistake.
3. Human self-reflectionHuman self-reflection is the capacity of humans to exerci... Read more
1. opposition; resistance; antagonism; hostility; objection; dissent
2. reverse; opposite; inverse; contrary
1. reaction; response
1. insurrection; mutiny; rebellion; revolt; uprising
2. RebellionRebellion, uprising, or insurrection is a refusal of obed... Read more
1. opposition; rebellion; revolt; resistance; backlash; refusal
- Young people naturally react against the attitudes of their parents.
2. rebounding; recoiling; repulsion
3. rally (e.g. in stock prices); recovery
4. RepulsionRepulsion is a 1965 British psychological horror film dir... Read more
1. reflection; reverberationPhysics
- かがや 。
- Her eyes shone as they reflected the light of the room.
2. reflex; reflexesBiology
3. Reflection (physics)Reflection is the change in direction of a wavefront at a... Read more
1. echo; reverberation
2. response; reaction; repercussions; sensation; influence
3. Echo (phenomenon)In audio signal processing and acoustics, an echo (plural... Read more
1. opposition; resistance; insubordination; defiance; hostility; rebellion
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. reflection (light, image, situation, attitude, etc.); reflecting
2. influence; application (e.g. of an update)
1. to return; to come back; to go backesp. 返る
- かえ 。
- Curses, like chickens, come home to roost.
2. to turn overSee also 裏返る
3. to become extremely; to become completelyafter the -masu stem of a verb; esp. 返る
1. to be contrary to; to be inconsistent with; to contradictOnly applies to 反する
2. to act contrary to (rules or guidelines); to violate; to transgressOnly applies to 反する
3. to oppose; to rebel; to revolt
1. antipathy; antagonism; animosity; revulsion; ill feeling
2. DissidentA dissident, broadly defined, is a person who actively ch... Read more
1. (organ) rejectionYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. unthinking dismissal; strong reaction (against)
- I don't know whether she believed me or not but in any case it seems she doesn't automatically dismiss talk of the supernatural.
3. Transplant rejectionTransplant rejection occurs when transplanted tissue is r... Read more
1. rolling over; turning over
2. turning around (the other way); reversal (of direction, course, etc.); inversion; flipping
- む 。
- The enemy's plane suddenly turned toward us.
3. producing a positive from a negative (photography); producing a negative from a positive
- はんてん ）
- Spoilers ahead! If you don't mind that then read after highlighting (colour inverting).
4. circle inversion; plane inversionMathematics