Words — 311 found
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
- せかい １５
- まな 。
- At this language centre, about 15 international languages are taught, including English.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...; not until ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
3. first time; (one's) firstColloquialism
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
甫めて: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. beginning; outset; first; onset
1. elementary level; beginner level
JLPT N1 Links
1. something heard for the first time; hearing something for the first time
1. first shrine visit of the New Year
2. Hatsumōdeis the first shrine visit of the New Year in Japan. Some ... Read more
初詣で 【はつもうで】、初もうで 【はつもうで】
1. first; firstly; first of all; to begin with; in the beginning; at the beginning
2. Introduction; PrefaceUsually written using kana alone, as section heading of a book, etc.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. nice to meet you; I'm glad to make your acquaintance; how do you do?Polite (teineigo) language, Usually written using kana alone
1. early days; early years; early stages; initial stages; beginning
- はじ 。
- Early education for children usually begins at home.
1. beginning; start; outset
- The meeting was held as intended at the outset.
2. at first; at the beginning; initially; originally
- At first only a few people protested, but now they're all coming out of the woodwork.
1. past middle age; nearing old age; near-elderly
2. age 40orig. meaning