Words — 287 found
1. beginning; start; outset; opening
2. first (in line, etc.)esp. 初め
3. originesp. 始め
4. such as ...; not to mention ...Usually written using kana alone, esp. 始め; as 〜を始め, 〜を始めとして, etc.
- せかい １５
- まな 。
- At this language centre, about 15 international languages are taught, including English.
1. for the first timeSee also 始める
- とき 、
- When I was sixteen, I played tennis for the first time.
2. only after ... is it ...; only when ... do you ...after the -te form of a verb
- Only through protest can a free and open society be maintained.
始めて 【はじめて】、甫めて 【はじめて】
1. beginning; outset; first; onset
1. elementary level; beginner level
JLPT N1 Links
1. something heard for the first time; hearing something for the first time
1. first shrine visit of New Year
2. Hatsumōdeis the first shrine visit of the New Year in Japan. Some ... Read more
初詣で 【はつもうで】、初もうで 【はつもうで】
1. first; firstly; first of all; to begin with; in the beginning; at the beginning
2. Introduction; PrefaceUsually written using kana alone, as section heading of a book, etc.
1. early (days); initial stage
- はじ 。
- Early education for children usually begins at home.
2. initialComputer terminology, See also 初期化
1. beginning; start; outset
- The meeting was held as intended at the outset.
2. at first; at the beginning; initially; originally
- At first only a few people protested, but now they're all coming out of the woodwork.