Words — 423 found
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. lively; full of spirit; energetic; vigorous; vital; spirited
2. healthy; well; fit; in good health
1. root; source; origin; cause
根原 【こんげん】、根元 【こんげん】
1. at hand; on hand; nearby; close at hand
- お 。
- I always keep three dictionaries at hand.
2. way of moving one's arms; skill
3. money at hand; pocket money
4. grip; handle
手許 【てもと】、手もと 【てもと】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. originally; by nature; from the startUsually written using kana alone
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
1. home area; home town
- These goods may not be available locally.
- おこな 。
- The lady's funeral was held at the local church.
1. originally; essentially; naturally; by nature; really; actually
2. in the first place; to begin with
1. pre-era; BC; BCE
2. Ante Christum NatumAnte Christum Natum (Latin for Before Christ Born), usual... Read more
1. New Year's Day
2. New YearNew Year is the time at which a new calendar year begins ... Read more
2. CE (Common Era); AD (Anno Domini)
- きげん ２０２０
- By the year 2020, the population of our city will have doubled.
3. Epoch (reference date)In the fields of chronology and periodization, an epoch i... Read more
1. former; ex-; past; one-time
- My wife used to be a pro-wrestler, so if she ever catches me two-timing her, I'd be beaten to a pulp.
2. earlier times; the past; previous state
3. formerly; previously; originally; before
旧 【もと】、故 【もと】
1. at one's feet; underfoot; one's step (as in "watch your step")
- す 、
- I drank too much and the ground seemed to spin under my feet.
2. gait; pace; step
3. most recent; current
足もと 【あしもと】、足下 【あしもと】、足許 【あしもと】
1. restoration (to original state or location); reconstruction; reversion
1. sovereign; ruler; head of state
2. Head of stateA head of state is the individual who serves as the chief... Read more
1. New Year's DayColloquialism, See also 元日
2. New Year's morning; morning of New Year's Dayorig. meaning