Words — 188 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. remainder; remnant; rest; balance; surplus; remains (of a meal); leftoversUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to あまり
- Gyoza stuffing? I made some gyoza at home but, possibly because I didn't have enough dough, I had some of the filling left over.
2. (not) very; (not) muchUsually written using kana alone, with neg. sentence
- It's not worth much.
4. extreme; great; severe; tremendous; terrible
- We were entranced by the fabulous suite.
5. more than; overOnly applies to あまり
- I lived for more than a month in Nagoya.
余り 【あんまり】、餘り 【あまり】、餘り 【あんまり】
餘り: Out-dated kanji. 餘り: Out-dated kanji.
1. surplus; margin; leeway; room; space; time; allowance; flexibility; scope
- I cannot afford to keep a car.
2. composure; placidity; complacency; calm
1. too many; too much; excessive; superfluous; superabundant; extra; spare; surplusoften as 余計に
2. unnecessary; needless; uncalled-for; otiose
3. abundantly; excessively; needlessly; all the more
1. another place; somewhere else; strange partsUsually written using kana alone, See also 他所 たしょ
2. outside (one's family or group); someone else; other peopleUsually written using kana alone, Antonym: 内 うち
3. not caring for; being indifferent to; taking little notice of; ignoring; neglectingUsually written using kana alone, See also よそにする, as 〜をよそに, 〜をよそにして, etc.
他所 【よそ】、外 【よそ】
1. digression; sequel (of a story)
2. DigressionDigression (parekbasis in Greek, egressio, digressio and ... Read more
1. reverberation; swelling (of a hymn); trailing note
2. lingering memory; aftertaste
3. suggestiveness (of a book, poem, etc.)
1. waves that remain after the wind has subsided
2. after-effect; aftermathOnly applies to よは
- There was no electricity for two days in the aftermath of the typhoon.
余波 【なごり】、余波 【なごろ】
なごろ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to be too much for one; to find unmanageable; to be beyond one's control; to not know what to do with
持てあます 【もてあます】、もて余す 【もてあます】
Details ▸More Words >