Words — 1709 found
2. AdultAn adult is a human being or living organism that is of r... Read more
1. merchant; trader; tradesman; dealer; shopkeeper
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
あきうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきゅうど: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あきびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. PoetA poet is a person who writes poetry. A poet's work can b... Read more
1. individual; private person; personal; private
2. IndividualAn individual is a person or a specific object. Individua... Read more
1. lover; sweetheart; boyfriend; girlfriend
2. Significant otherSignificant other (SO) is colloquially used as a gender-b... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. craftsman; artisan; tradesman; worker; workman
3. ArtisanAn artisan or craftsman (craftsperson) is a skilled manua... Read more
1. man; person
- This fellow is an artist!
2. human being; mankind; people
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
3. human (Homo sapiens); humans as a speciesUsually written using kana alone
4. character; personality
5. man of talent; true man
6. another person; other people; others
1. husbandSee also 良人 りょうじん
1. murder; homicide; manslaughter
2. MurderMurder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought,... Read more
2. WitnessA witness is someone who has, who claims to have, or is t... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. your husband; her husbandHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also 主人
1. another person; other people; othersSee also 人 ひと
2. unrelated person (i.e. not related by blood)Only applies to たにん
3. outsider; strangerOnly applies to たにん
他人 【ひと】、他人 【あだびと】
ひと: Gikun (meaning as reading) or jukujikun (special kanji reading). あだびと: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. old person; senior citizen; the aged; the elderly
1. offender; criminal; culprit
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. wife; Mrs; madamHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to はしかし
- Mrs. Young wouldn't mind my dropping in on her unexpectedly.
2. wife of a nobleman (aristocrat, etc.)Archaism, Only applies to ふじん
3. consort of the emperorArchaism, Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to ぶにん
夫人 【ぶにん】、夫人 【はしかし】
ぶにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. はしかし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. adult (esp. person 20 years old or over); grownup
- Only adults may watch that film.
2. becoming an adult; coming of age; growing up (to be a man, woman)See also 新成人
- Sandra has grown up to be a beautiful woman.