Words — 203 found
1. person; someone; somebody
- This fellow is an artist!
2. human beings; mankind; man; people; humans
- A man can receive only what is given to him from heaven.
3. human (Homo sapiens)Usually written using kana alone, usu. ヒト
4. (other) people; others
5. character; personality; nature
6. capable person; competent person; suitable person; right person
7. adult; grown-up
8. I; me; oneused when rebuking or criticizing someone
1. index finger; forefinger
2. second toe
3. Index fingerThe index finger, (also referred to as forefinger, pointe... Read more
人差指 【ひとさしゆび】、人指し指 【ひとさしゆび】、人さし指 【ひとさしゆび】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. HostageA hostage is a person or entity which is held by a captor... Read more
1. crowd of people
人込み 【ひとごみ】、人混み 【ひとごみ】、人込 【ひとごみ】
人込: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. personality; character; personal appearance; gentility
1. (public) notice; attention; public eye; public gaze
人眼 【ひとめ】、人目 【じんもく】
1. shyness; fear of strangers; stranger anxiety
2. ShynessIn humans, shyness (also called diffidence) is a social p... Read more
1. people; men and women
- People used to travel on foot.
2. each person; everybody
- Everybody praised his heroism.
人びと 【ひとびと】、人人 【ひとびと】
1. presence of other people; (in) public; (in) front of others
1. the number of people
2. many people; a large number of peopleOnly applies to にんずう, Only applies to にんず, Only applies to にんじゅ
3. (counted as an) adultOnly applies to ひとかず
人数 【ひとかず】、人数 【にんず】、人数 【にんじゅ】
にんず: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. にんじゅ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. figure of a person; figures of people
- The men on board were surprised to see five men on the island.
2. shadow of a person
人かげ 【ひとかげ】、人影 【じんえい】
1. (much) more than others; exceedingly; extremely; unusually
1. ordinary; average; common; normal; like the average person; like most people
1. mistaking one person for another; (case of) mistaken identity