Words — 219 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. flow (of a fluid or gas); stream; current
2. flow (of people, things); passage (of time); tide; passing; (changing) trends; tendency
- さか 。
- Tanaka's teaching goes against the stream of history.
3. course (of events); (step-by-step) procedure; process
- けっきょく 、
- Once things start going this way, in the end they'll all be much of a muchness.
4. group of people who remain together after the end of an event
5. descent; ancestry; school
- だい ２
- I would like to put special emphasis on the concept that social ecology is the second school of contemporary environmentalism.
6. forfeiture; foreclosureFinance term
7. cancellationSee also お流れ, usu. as お流れ
8. drifting; wandering; roaming
1. to stream; to flow (liquid, time, etc.); to run (ink)
- ながれ 。
- The Seine flows through Paris.
2. to be washed away; to be carried
- なが 。
- Pure water was washed away to this river as well at that time.
3. to drift; to float (e.g. clouds); to wander; to stray
4. to sweep (e.g. rumour, fire); to spread; to circulate
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
5. to be heard (e.g. music); to be played
- The news has just come on the radio.
6. to lapse (e.g. into indolence, despair)
7. to pass; to elapse; to be transmitted
8. to be called off; to be forfeited
9. to disappear; to be removed
10. NagareruNagareru is a 1956 Japanese film directed by Mikio Naruse... Read more
1. circulation (money, goods, etc.); distribution
- へ 、
- か 。
- Thus money in circulation drops, and price escalation quietens down.
2. circulation (air, water, etc.); ventilation; flow
3. negotiable (e.g. shares); distributional; circulating
5. Distribution (business)Product distribution (or place) is one of the four elemen... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. drainage basin; catchment basin; river basin; watershed; valley
2. Drainage basin]] A drainage basin is an extent or an area of land where... Read more
1. to drain; to pour; to spill; to shed (blood, tears)See also 涙を流す
- I cannot shed a tear for that horrible man.
2. to wash away
- なが 。
- Don't cry over spilled milk.
3. to distribute (e.g. electricity over wires, music over a PA system, etc.); to circulate; to broadcast; to beam
- き 。
- He decided to put the murder trial first in the evening news.
4. to cruise (e.g. taxi)
5. to float; to set adrift
6. to call off (a meeting, etc.)
7. to exile; to banish
1. to be popular; to come into fashion
- せいさべつ 」
- いま 、
- はや 。
- Terms like "sexism" are now in vogue.
2. to be prevalent; to spread widely (e.g. disease); to be endemic
- The plague occurred that year.
3. to flourish; to thrive
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. as one would expect; just as you'd expect (from); just like (someone)Usually written using kana alone
2. still; all the same; after allUsually written using kana alone, See also さすがに, usu. as 〜に
3. even ... (e.g. "even a genius")Usually written using kana alone, as さすがの...も
遉 【さすが】、有繋 【さすが】
流石: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. sink (e.g. in a kitchen)
- て 、
- わ 。
- When I tried to set the glass down in the sink my hand slipped and it shattered to pieces.
2. cruising (e.g. taxi); strolling (entertainer, musician, etc.)
- と 。
- He hailed a cruising taxi.
3. washing area (in a Japanese-style bath)
4. back-washing service (in a public bath)
5. floating (something on water); setting adrift; washing away
1. drift ice; ice floe
3. Drift iceDrift ice is ice that floats on the surface of the water ... Read more
1. fashion; trend; vogue; craze; fad; popularity
2. prevalence (of a disease); epidemic
1. miscarriage; (spontaneous) abortion; abortive birth
2. MiscarriageMiscarriage or spontaneous abortion is the spontaneous en... Read more
1. to flow into; to pour into; to stream into
1. discharge; outward flow; efflux; effluence; haemorrhage; hemorrhage; bleeding (e.g. ink into paper)
- I ran off some of the oil.
2. leak of (private) information or pictures
- The buying and selling of peoples' personal information is becoming a big issue.