Words — 149 found
2. ClosetA closet (especially in North American usage) is a small ... Read more
押入 【おしいれ】、押入れ 【おしいれ】
1. to push; to pressOnly applies to 押す
- Could you press this button?
2. to apply pressure from above; to press downOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
3. to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a sealOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 捺す, See also 判を押す
- お 。
- The box bears the stamp of the manufacturer.
4. to affix (e.g. gold leaf)Only applies to 押す
5. to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influenceOnly applies to 押す
6. to overwhelm; to overpower; to repressOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
7. to push (events along); to advance (a plan)Only applies to 押す
8. to do in spite of ...; to do even though ...; to forceOnly applies to 押す
10. to be pressed for timeOnly applies to 押す
11. to advance troops; to attackOnly applies to 押す
12. (of light) to be diffused across an entire surfaceOnly applies to 押す
圧す 【おす】、捺す 【おす】
1. to pin down; to hold down; to press downalso written as 圧さえる
- Hold this ladder steady.
2. to cover (esp. a part of one's body with one's hand); to clutch (a body part in pain); to press (a body part)
3. to get a hold of; to obtain; to seize; to catch; to arrest
- お 。
- The police seized the robber by the neck.
4. to grasp (a point); to comprehend
- お 。
- I caught him speaking ill of me.
5. to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repress; to hold back; to check; to curb; to containSee also 抑える おさえる
1. to push into; to cram into; to stuff into; to crowd into
- おしこ 。
- A man with a gun urged him into the car.
2. to break in; to burgle; to burglarize
1. to advance on; to close in; to march on; to descend on (the enemy); to move towards; to surge forward (crowd, wave of nostalgia, wave, etc.); to rush for (the door); to inundate; to overwhelm; to push aside
押寄せる 【おしよせる】、押しよせる 【おしよせる】
1. seizure; confiscation
2. Search and seizureSearch and seizure is a legal procedure used in many civi... Read more
1. to push in; to force into; to break in (e.g. into a house); to intrude
押入る 【おしいる】、押しいる 【おしいる】
1. push; pushing
- All you have to do is press the button.
2. weight; pressure
3. authority; forcefulness; boldness; audacity; persistence
- た 。
- You don't have enough push.
4. to forcibly ...; to strongly ...Only applies to 押し, before a verb
1. weight (e.g. paperweight); pressing down
2. keeping control; exercising authority
3. having self-control; exercising self-discipline
4. defense; guard; deterrence
押さえ 【おさえ】、押え 【おさえ】
1. to press against; to push against; to force against
2. to foist on (task, responsibility); to impose (one's will)
押しつける 【おしつける】、押付ける 【おしつける】
1. arguing back and forth; bandying words; verbal tug-of-war
1. to go uninvited; to call on without an invitation; to barge in on; to gatecrash
2. to throng to; to crowd into; to converge upon; to pile in
押し掛ける 【おしかける】、押掛ける 【おしかける】
1. to crowd out; to push out; to squeeze out
- おしだ 。
- I was crowded out.
2. to start together; to set out en masse
3. to highlight; to draw attention to
1. to boost; to force up; to push up
押上げる 【おしあげる】、押しあげる 【おしあげる】
1. to squash; to crush; to flatten
押し潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧し潰す 【おしつぶす】、押潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧潰す 【おしつぶす】、圧しつぶす 【おしつぶす】
押潰す: Irregular okurigana usage. 圧潰す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to persist in; to carry out; to have one's own way; to push through; to carry through
押通す 【おしとおす】、押しとおす 【おしとおす】