Words — 3 found
1. to push; to pressOnly applies to 押す
- Could you press this button?
2. to apply pressure from above; to press downOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
3. to stamp (i.e. a passport); to apply a sealOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 捺す, See also 判を押す
- お 。
- The box bears the stamp of the manufacturer.
4. to affix (e.g. gold leaf)Only applies to 押す
5. to press (someone for something); to urge; to compel; to influenceOnly applies to 押す
6. to overwhelm; to overpower; to repressOnly applies to 押す, Only applies to 圧す
7. to push (events along); to advance (a plan)Only applies to 押す
8. to do in spite of ...; to do even though ...; to forceOnly applies to 押す
10. to be pressed for timeOnly applies to 押す
11. to advance troops; to attackOnly applies to 押す
12. (of light) to be diffused across an entire surfaceOnly applies to 押す
圧す 【おす】、捺す 【おす】