Words — 50 found
1. husbandSee also 良人 りょうじん
1. wifeOnly applies to 妻
2. garnish (esp. one served with sashimi); trimmingsUsually written using kana alone
3. accompaniment; side (remark)Usually written using kana alone
具: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. married couple; husband and wife; man and wife
2. his and hers; pair of objects, one larger (for man), one smaller (for woman)Only applies to めおと, See also 夫婦茶碗
夫婦 【めおと】、夫婦 【みょうと】
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. wife; Mrs; madamHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to はしかし
- Mrs. Young wouldn't mind my dropping in on her unexpectedly.
2. wife of a nobleman (aristocrat, etc.)Archaism, Only applies to ふじん
3. consort of the emperorArchaism, Only applies to ふじん, Only applies to ぶにん
夫人 【ぶにん】、夫人 【はしかし】
ぶにん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. はしかし: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. husband and wife; married couplesomewhat formal; not used for one's own family
1. each; respectivelyUsually written using kana alone
其れ其れ 【それぞれ】、夫々 【それぞれ】、夫夫 【それぞれ】、其々 【それぞれ】、其其 【それぞれ】
其々: Irregular okurigana usage. 其其: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. marital quarrel; argument between husband and wife
夫婦げんか 【ふうふげんか】、夫婦ゲンカ 【ふうふゲンカ】
1. married life
2. sexual activities (of a married couple); conjugal intercourse
1. a wife should do her husband's biddingYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. you (referring to one's spouse or partner); dearArchaism, Polite (teineigo) language
1. behaving like a married couple; posing as a married couple
夫婦気取り 【めおときどり】、夫婦きどり 【ふうふきどり】、夫婦きどり 【めおときどり】
1. married couple's insurance (i.e. life-insurance policy covering husband and wife)