Words — 233 found
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. unknown (e.g. in an equation)Mathematics
2. element (of a set)Mathematics
3. yuan (monetary unit of China)
4. Yuan dynasty (China, 1271-1368); Yüan dynasty; Mongol dynasty
1. lively; full of spirit; energetic; vigorous; vital; spirited
2. healthy; well; fit; in good health
1. chemical element
2. Chemical elementA chemical element is a pure chemical substance consistin... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. originally; by nature; from the startUsually written using kana alone
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
1. originally; essentially; naturally; by nature; really; actually
2. in the first place; to begin with
1. New Year's Day
2. New YearNew Year is the time at which a new calendar year begins ... Read more
1. sovereign; ruler; head of state
2. Head of stateA head of state is the individual who serves as the chief... Read more
1. New Year's DayColloquialism, See also 元日
2. New Year's morning; morning of New Year's Dayorig. meaning
1. from the beginning; from the first; all along; originallyUsually written using kana alone
- From the outset I was prepared for the worst.
2. of courseUsually written using kana alone
- Of course I am aware of that.
固より 【もとより】、素より 【もとより】
1. first year (of an imperial era)
2. year something (important) first happened or began