Words — 48 found
1. still; yetUsually written using kana alone
- わる 。
- What followed was still worse.
2. more; still more; greater; furtherUsually written using kana alone
- あい 。
- I love you all the more for your faults.
3. as ...; like ...Usually written using kana alone, as なお〜ごとし
4. furthermore; in addition; moreover; note that ...Usually written using kana alone
- Furthermore, even after the company information session, we sometimes hold company tours.
猶 【なお】、尚お 【なお】、猶お 【なお】
尚お: Irregular okurigana usage. 猶お: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to cure; to healusu. 治す
- That doctor may cure him of his cancer.
2. to fix; to correct; to repairusu. 直す
- I will have repaired your watch by tomorrow.
3. to do over againafter -masu base of verb; usu. 直す
- The boy adjusted his cap.
4. to replace; to put back as it wasKansai dialect, Kyoto dialect, usu. 直す
- Put the book back where you found it.
5. to convert (into a different state); to transformusu. 直す
- Put the following sentences into Japanese.
1. to get better; to get well; to recover (from an illness); to be cured; to be restored; to heal
- なお 。
- It will go away by itself in two weeks.
1. still more; even more; all the moreUsually written using kana alone
2. still less; even lessUsually written using kana alone, with neg. verb
なお更 【なおさら】、尚さら 【なおさら】、猶更 【なおさら】、猶さら 【なおさら】
猶更: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 猶さら: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. neglect; negligence; disregard; making light ofUsually written using kana alone
1. to get mended; to be repaired; to be fixed
2. to return to normal; to recover (e.g. one's temper); to be restored; to improve; to rally; to come right
- When will you ever loosen your purse strings?
3. to be corrected; to get put right; to be rectified
4. to come right; to cure (itself); to get cured
5. to sit properly
6. to be promoted; to rise
7. to have one's crimes forgiven
1. besides; furthermore; on top of thatUsually written using kana alone
2. and yet; nevertheless; even soUsually written using kana alone
尚かつ 【なおかつ】、なお且つ 【なおかつ】
1. all the more; still moreUsually written using kana alone
尚の事 【なおのこと】、なおの事 【なおのこと】、猶のこと 【なおのこと】、猶の事 【なおのこと】
猶のこと: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 猶の事: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. still better; even better
- やさ 、
- He is kind and gentle, and what is better still, honest.
尚良い 【なおいい】、尚いい 【なおいい】、なお良い 【なおよい】、尚良い 【なおよい】、尚よい 【なおよい】、猶良い 【なおよい】
猶良い: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. still (continuing); as ever; furtherUsually written using kana alone
1. further; besides; moreover; in addition toUsually written using kana alone
なお又 【なおまた】、尚また 【なおまた】、猶又 【なおまた】、猶また 【なおまた】
猶又: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 猶また: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.