Words — 724 found
Common word Links
1. koku; traditional unit of volume, approx. 180.4 litres
- りょう 。
- That daimyo holds a fief yielding 100,000 koku of rice.
2. measure of a Japanese-style boat's loading capacity (approx. 278.26 liters)
1. to let loose (e.g. a fart)Usually written using kana alone
- I farted in class and the teacher threw me out.
2. to utter (e.g. a lie); to sayUsually written using kana alone, Vulgar expression or word
3. to doUsually written using kana alone, Vulgar expression or word
Common word Links
1. period of time (usu. a period of approx. two hours corresponding to one of the signs of the Chinese zodiac)Historical term
2. carving; engraving; cutting; mincingOnly applies to 刻
3. victoryOnly applies to 剋
4. strictness; cruelty
1. severe; harsh; stringent; rigorous; strict; unfair
2. diplomatic intercourseObsolete term
3. InternationalInternational mostly means something that involves more t... Read more
1. grain; cereal; corn
2. CerealCereals are grasses cultivated for the edible components ... Read more
2. ChalkboardA chalkboard or blackboard is a reusable writing surface ... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. national language
- He likes Japanese, and he's good at it.
2. Japanese language (esp. as a school subject in Japan)See also 国語科
- こくご 」
- Secondly, some of the Creoles may become independent "national languages" in their own right.
3. one's native language; mother tongue
4. native Japanese words (as opposed to loanwords and Chinese-derived words)
5. National languageA national language is a language which has some connecti... Read more
1. nationality; citizenship
2. nationality (ship, airplane, etc.); registration; flag
3. NationalityNationality is membership of a nation or sovereign state,... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. country; territory; domain; realm
2. CountryA country is a region legally identified as a distinct en... Read more
くにつち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. conquest (of a difficulty, illness, handicap, etc.); overcoming; bringing under control; subjugation; victory over
1. king; queen; monarch; sovereign
2. the Crown (as a focus of authority in the UK, etc.); the throneLaw
1. confession (to a crime, wrongdoing, etc.); admission
- なに 。
- There is no need to be ashamed of confessing one's mistakes.
2. professing one's feelings (to someone one wants to go out with); declaration of love
- He confessed that he had fallen in love with me.
3. profession (of faith)Christianity
- He confessed his sins to the pastor.
4. confession (of sins)Christianity