Words — 279 found
1. to put; to place
- Lay it on the table.
2. to leave (behind)
- As it happens, I have left the camera at home.
3. to establish (an organization, a facility, a position, etc.); to set up
4. to appoint (someone to a certain position); to hire; to employ
5. to place (one's trust, one's faith, etc.); to bear (in mind, etc.)
6. to put down a tool (e.g. a pen) hence stopping what one is doing with that tool
7. to take in (boarders, etc.); to provide lodging in one's house
8. to separate spatially or temporally
9. to do something in advanceUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
- She always keeps her room clean.
10. to leave something in a certain state; to keep something in a certain stateUsually written using kana alone, after the -te form of a verb
1. 10^8; 100,000,000; hundred million
1. inner part; inside; interior; depths (e.g. of a forest); back (of a house, drawer, etc.); bottom (e.g. of one's heart); recesses; heart
奧: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to stop (doing something); to cease; to put aside
2. to leave as is; to leave alone
3. to exclude; to exceptSee also を措いて をおいて
1. present; gift
2. GiftA gift or a present is the transfer of something without ... Read more
贈りもの 【おくりもの】、贈物 【おくりもの】
1. wife; your wife; his wife; married lady; madamHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. to send (a thing); to dispatch; to despatch; to transmit
- き 。
- I wrote off for an application form.
2. to take or escort (a person somewhere); to see off (a person)
- It is no inconvenience to drive you home.
3. to bid farewell (to the departed); to bury
4. to spend (time); to live one's life
- おく 。
- I lead a fast way of living.
5. to pass (down the line)
6. to affix okuriganaSee also 送り仮名
1. to be late; to be delayed; to fall behind schedule; to be overdueusu. 遅れる
2. to fall behind (in a race, one's studies, etc.); to lag behind; to be behind (the times)oft. 後れる
- おくれ 。
- She's far behind in her studies.
3. to be bereaved of; to be preceded by (someone) in deathoft. 後れる
4. to be slow (of a clock or watch)
1. to give (as a gift); to present
2. to confer; to bestow; to award
- おく 。
- The mayor presented him with the key to the city.
1. delay; lag; postponement; falling behind
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. cowardly; timid; easily frightened
憶病 【おくびょう】、おく病 【おくびょう】
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. kana written after a kanji to complete the full (usually kun) reading of the word; declensional kana ending
2. Okuriganaare kana suffixes following kanji stems in Japanese writt... Read more
1. wife; your wife; his wife; married lady; madamPolite (teineigo) language