Words — 54 found
1. to be; to exist; to liveUsually written using kana alone, See also 居る いる, usu. of inanimate objects
- Excuse me; allow me to point out three errors in the above article.
2. to haveUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I have another engagement.
3. to be locatedUsually written using kana alone
4. to be equipped withUsually written using kana alone
5. to happen; to come aboutUsually written using kana alone
1. to also be (implies that as well as the earlier stated this is also the case)See also である, である with も; formal, literary
- D.H. Lawrence is a novelist and poet.
2. to be ... or something
- What is the matter with you?
1. to often be the case; to occur frequently; to be common; to be popularUsually written using kana alone
- I often hear her play the piano.
1. to be (in contrast to something that is not the case)See also である, である with は
- うご 。
- The glacier moves but by inches.
1. to have an interest (in something); to feel inclined (toward doing something)
1. to be doing; to be in the process of doing
- The weather was getting worse and worse as the day went on.
1. to have a limit; to go too far (e.g. joke)oft. in the form of ...にも程がある to criticize something as being unacceptable
1. to have the memory of having done something oneselfSee also 身に覚えのある
1. feeling that one is living in a completely different age; feeling that something belongs to a different age; feeling that the world has changed dramatically
1. to have heard somewhere; to sound familiar
- ききおぼ 。
- That name struck a chord.
1. greatness is comparative; there is always someone better than youProverb
2. Puss Gets the BootPuss Gets the Boot is a one-reel animated cartoon and the... Read more
1. full-bodied (e.g. wine, sake); rich; robust (flavor); full-flavoredUsually written using kana alone, See also 酷がある