Words — 1802 found
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to givePolite (teineigo), Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 上げる
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)Only applies to 上げる
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo), See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
2. ChopsticksChopsticks are short, frequently tapered sticks used in p... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. rice bowl; tea cup; teacup
2. ChawanA chawan (茶碗; literally "tea bowl") is a bowl used for pr... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
2. SoapIn chemistry, soap is a salt of a fatty acid. Soaps are m... Read more
石けん 【せっけん】、石鹼 【せっけん】
石鹼: Out-dated kanji.
2. whiskers (on a cat, etc.); feelers (on an insect, etc.); (chin) tuft
3. extremely short pulse appearing on an electrical signal
4. BeardA beard is the collection of hair that grows on the chin,... Read more
鬚 【ひげ】、髯 【ひげ】、ヒゲ
1. machine; mechanism
- I am going to put this machine to the test today.
2. instrument; appliance; apparatusoften 器械
- The sphygmomanometer is an important diagnostic instrument.
3. MachineA machine is a tool consisting of one or more parts that ... Read more
1. feather; plume; down
- Fine feathers make fine birds.
- み 。
- I found a bird whose wing was severely damaged.
3. blade (of a fan, propeller, etc.)Only applies to 羽根
4. shuttlecock (in badminton)Only applies to はね, See also シャトル
5. shuttlecock (in hanetsuki)Only applies to 羽根, See also 羽子 はご, also written as 羽子
6. arrow feathersOnly applies to 羽根, See also 矢羽 やばね
羽根 【はね】、羽 【は】
1. ceremony; rite; ritual; service
3. RitualA ritual is a set of actions, performed mainly for their ... Read more
1. craftsman; artisan; tradesman; worker; workman
3. ArtisanAn artisan or craftsman (craftsperson) is a skilled manua... Read more
1. South Pole
- あと ６０
- Even if we do this, it will be another sixty years before the Antarctic ozone hole is repaired.
3. Antarctica; South Pole
4. AntarcticThe Antarctic is a polar region, specifically the region ... Read more
1. Shinkansen; bullet train
3. ShinkansenThe Shinkansen, also known as the "Bullet Train", is a ne... Read more
1. nap (afternoon); siesta
3. NapA nap is a short period of sleep, typically taken during ... Read more
昼寐: Out-dated kanji.
1. main street
3. Main StreetMain Street is the metonym for a generic street name (and... Read more
1. lumber; timber; wood
3. WoodWood is a hard, fibrous tissue found in many trees. It ha... Read more
1. (navigable) canal; waterway
3. CanalCanals are man-made channels for water. There are two typ... Read more
1. amusement park
3. Amusement parkAmusement and theme parks are terms for a group of entert... Read more
1. faucet; tap
3. Tap (valve)A "valve tap" is a noise made by the valves of internal c... Read more
1. Emperor of Japan
3. Emperor of JapanThe Emperor of Japan is "the symbol of the state and of t... Read more
3. LavaLava refers both to molten rock expelled by a volcano dur... Read more