Words — 158 found
1. not exceeding; and downward; ... and below
- Children of age sixteen and under will not be admitted to the theatre.
2. below (e.g. standard); under (e.g. a level)
- Your summary is not up to par.
3. the below-mentioned; the following; the rest
- The explanation below was achieved by comparing and contrasting a variety of different theories.
以下 【いげ】、已下 【いか】、已下 【いげ】
1. cuttlefish; squidUsually written using kana alone
3. SquidSquid are cephalopods of the order Teuthida, which compri... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. lightning; thunder; thunderbolt
2. god of thunder; god of lightningOnly applies to かみなり
3. anger; fit of angerOnly applies to かみなり
4. LightningLightning is an atmospheric electrical discharge accompan... Read more
雷 【いかずち】、雷 【いかづち】、雷 【らい】
いかづち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. to get angry; to get mad
- おこ 。
- The boy was cross at having to stay at home.
2. to tell someone off; to scoldOnly applies to おこる
- Leave it as it is, or you will be scolded.
3. to be angular; to be squareOnly applies to いかる
怒る 【いかる】、瞋る 【いかる】
瞋る: Out-dated kanji.
1. severe; strict; rigid; unsparing; relentless
- He was subjected to severe criticism.
2. hard (to do); difficult; tricky
- う 。
- He was subjected to severe trials.
3. intense (e.g. cold); harsh (weather); inclement
- きび 。
- The tundra has a harsh climate.
1. anger; rage; fury; wrath; indignation
2. AngerAnger is an emotion related to one's psychological interp... Read more
1. to make (the best) use of; to put to good use; to leverage (skills, attributes, experience, etc.); to capitalise on (experience, etc.)
2. to let live; to keep alive
3. to revive; to resuscitate; to bring back to life
- い 。
- We used emergency measures to revive the cardiac arrest patient.
4. to restore (a deleted passage; in proofreading)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. how; in what wayUsually written using kana alone
2. however much; however (e.g. easy, rich, sad); whatever; how muchUsually written using kana alone
3. hey; oiUsually written using kana alone, Archaism
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. indeed; really; truly; just (like)Usually written using kana alone, indicating emotive conviction
- I look for all the world like an athlete in this outfit, but the truth is I don't do any sports at all.
2. very; extremely; totally; terriblyUsually written using kana alone
3. absolutely; certainly; for sureUsually written using kana alone, indicating agreement
Common word Links
2. AnchorAn anchor is a device, normally made of metal, that is us... Read more
1. regrettable; unsatisfactory; deplorable; lamentable
1. any kind of; every; whatsoever; whateverUsually written using kana alone