Words — 740 found
1. interesting; fascinating; intriguing; enthralling
- の 。
- There is nothing interesting in the newspaper.
2. amusing; funny; comical
- This is the funniest book in my reading.
3. enjoyable; fun; entertaining; pleasant; agreeable
- おもしろ 。
- Watching wild birds is great fun.
4. good; satisfactory; favourable; desirable; encouragingusu. in the negative
1. interview (e.g. for a job)
2. Job interviewA job interview is a process in which a potential employe... Read more
1. square measure; size (e.g. of land); area; surface
2. AreaArea is a quantity that expresses the extent of a two-dim... Read more
1. meeting (face-to-face); seeing; visit; interview
2. Contact (law)In family law, contact (or in the United States, visitati... Read more
1. slope; slanting surface; bevel
2. Inclined planeAn inclined plane is a flat surface that lies at an angle... Read more
1. trouble; bother
2. trouble; difficulty
3. care; attention
面倒: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. surface; face
2. outside; exterior
3. appearances; superficiality
1. scene; setting; place (where something happens); scenario; case
- とど 。
- The scene was embedded in his memory.
2. scene (in a movie, play); shot
- I'm always bored with films that have little action.
3. state of the market
- む 。
- They confronted each other.
2. mask; face guard
- The man wore a mask of a tiger.
3. (in kendo) striking the headMartial arts term
4. surface (esp. a geometrical surface)
- た 。
- A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
6. aspect; facet; side
- In a way, life is a cruel thing. It holds major problems in store for each one of us.
8. counter for broad, flat objects, levels or stages, e.g. in a video game
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. serious; honest; sober; grave; earnest; steady
真面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 眞面目: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. direction; district; area
- I'm near the on ramp to 25 north.
2. field (e.g. of study); sphere; quarter; aspect; angle
1. bothersome; tiresome; bother to doUsually written using kana alone
面倒くさい 【めんどうくさい】、面倒臭い 【めんどくさい】、面倒臭い 【めんどうくさい】
2. to face; to confront; to encounter
- We are facing a violent crisis.
1. one face; one surface
- なが 。
- He picked up the newspaper and glanced casually over the front page.
2. the whole surface
- おお 。
- The earth lay beneath a blanket of snow.
3. one aspect; one side
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
4. (on) the other hand
- おも 。
- I understand her, but on the other hand I don't think she's right.
5. one broad, flat object
6. front page (e.g. newspaper)
1. side; flank; profile; sidelight; lateral
- The truly remarkable feature of sound production by birds is that the two sides of the syrinx can act independently.
2. aspect; dimension
- せいしん 、
- It's not only the health aspects of sports that appeal to people, but the cooperative aspect that team sports teach, and the competitive aspect in itself.
1. face; honour; honor; reputation; prestige; dignity; credit
2. appearance; look
面目 【めんもく】、面目 【めいぼく】
めいぼく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. mask; veil; disguise
2. anonymous; unmarked; incognito
1. methodical; precise; meticulous; scrupulous; regular; punctual
2. wooden post that has been carved to have a rounded corner with grooves running along either side of it