Words — 329 found
1. slope; slanting surface; bevel
2. Inclined planeAn inclined plane is a flat surface that lies at an angle... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. surface; face
2. outside; exterior
3. appearances; superficiality
1. scene; setting; place (where something happens); scenario; case
- とど 。
- The scene was embedded in his memory.
2. scene (in a movie, play); shot
- I'm always bored with films that have little action.
3. state of the market
- む 。
- They confronted each other.
2. mask; face guard
- The man wore a mask of a tiger.
3. (in kendo) striking the headMartial arts term
4. surface (esp. a geometrical surface)
- た 。
- A gentle wind made ripples on the surface of the pond.
6. aspect; facet; side
- In a way, life is a cruel thing. It holds major problems in store for each one of us.
8. counter for broad, flat objects, levels or stages, e.g. in a video game
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. direction; district; area
- I'm near the on ramp to 25 north.
2. field (e.g. of study); sphere; quarter; aspect; angle
2. to face; to confront; to encounter
- We are facing a violent crisis.
1. one face; one surface
- なが 。
- He picked up the newspaper and glanced casually over the front page.
2. the whole surface
- おお 。
- The earth lay beneath a blanket of snow.
3. one aspect; one side
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
4. (on) the other hand
- おも 。
- I understand her, but on the other hand I don't think she's right.
5. one broad, flat object
6. front page (e.g. newspaper)
1. side; flank; profile; sidelight; lateral
- The truly remarkable feature of sound production by birds is that the two sides of the syrinx can act independently.
2. aspect; dimension
- せいしん 、
- It's not only the health aspects of sports that appeal to people, but the cooperative aspect that team sports teach, and the competitive aspect in itself.
1. mask; veil; disguise
2. anonymous; unmarked; incognito
1. methodical; precise; meticulous; scrupulous; regular; punctual
2. wooden post that has been carved to have a rounded corner with grooves running along either side of it
1. water's surface
2. Surface waterSurface water is water collecting on the ground or in a s... Read more
1. sea level; (surface of) sea
2. Sea levelMean sea level (MSL) is a measure of the average height o... Read more
- He wore a mask so that no one could recognize him.
2. disguise; guise; mask
3. MaskA mask is an object normally worn on the face, typically ... Read more
1. drawing; diagram; plans; blueprint
2. Plan (drawing)Plans are a set of drawings or two-dimensional diagrams u... Read more
1. blushing; getting red in the face
- I blush to think of what a fool I was then.
- I am ashamed of your conduct.
3. BlushingBlushing refers to the involuntary reddening of a person'... Read more
1. current; urgent; pressing; impending
- とみられ 。
- The project is well-planned and interesting, but its immediate impact on the bottom line is not considered substantial.
2. to confront (an issue); to face (up to something)
- The problem before us today is not a new one.
3. for the meantime; at present
- You should play along with him for the time being.
1. position in a game of go or shogi; state of the game
2. aspect of an affair; situation
1. screen (of a TV, computer, etc.)
- You can't see too well with these LCD displays.
2. image (on a screen); picture; scene
- Please adjust the television picture.
3. surface of a painting (picture, drawing, etc.)