Words — 223 found
1. to differ (from); to be different; to be distinct; to be unlike; to vary; to disagree (with)
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to be wrong; to be incorrect; to be mistaken
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to become abnormal; to go wrongSee also 気が違う
- You're going the wrong way.
4. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end; oft. as 〜のと違うか
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. difference; disparity; gap
2. Difference (philosophy)Difference is a key concept of continental philosophy, de... Read more
1. to make a mistake (in); to commit an error (e.g. in calculation)
- You needn't be afraid of making mistakes.
2. to confuse; to mistake something for something else
- You've got the wrong station.
1. mistake; error; blunderSee also ミス
2. accident; mishap; trouble
3. improper conduct (e.g. between man and woman); indiscretion
1. difference; distinction; discrepancy
2. mistake; error
1. sure; no mistaking it; for certain; without doubtoft. as に違いない
1. misunderstanding; mistaken idea; wrong guess
1. to make a mistake; to be incorrect; to be mistaken
1. to not match well (e.g. at the seams); to not mesh properly (of gears)
2. to differ (e.g. of opinions); to clash; to be in conflict (e.g. with the facts); to run counter (to); to be inconsistent (with); to be contradictory
- It is on this point that our opinions differ.
くい違う 【くいちがう】、食いちがう 【くいちがう】、食違う 【くいちがう】
1. to pass (by) each other; to brush past
- He deliberately ignored me when I passed him in the street.
2. to miss (meeting) each other; to fail to meet
3. to be at odds; to clash; to be in conflict
1. certain; sure; doubtlessSee also 紛れもない まぎれもない
- Are you sure this is the right train?
2. I have no doubt; You can depend on it; It's a safe bet
1. uncomfortable feeling; feeling out of place; sense of discomfort
- Our company has never had that kind of system, and it's never made us feel uncomfortable.
2. malaise; physical unease
1. difference; disagreement; conflict; clash; discrepancy; inconsistency
食違い 【くいちがい】、くい違い 【くいちがい】
1. out-of-place; inappropriate; sticking out like a sore thumb
2. produced at an unorthodox location
1. to hardly recognise; to mistake for something or someone else
1. madness; madmanSensitive, Usually written using kana alone
2. enthusiast; freak; junkieUsually written using kana alone
気狂い 【きちがい】、基地外 【きちがい】、既知外 【きちがい】、キチガイ
基地外: Irregular kanji usage. 既知外: Irregular kanji usage.
1. mistaking one person for another; (case of) mistaken identity