Words — 278 found
1. to return (something); to restore; to put backSee also 帰す かえす, esp. 返す
- I'll give you back the money tomorrow.
2. to turn over; to turn upside down; to overturn
3. to pay back; to retaliate; to reciprocateesp. 返す
- You bit the hand that fed you.
4. to respond (with); to retort; to reply; to say back
5. to do ... back (e.g. speak back, throw back)after the -masu stem of a verb
6. to do again; to do repeatedlyafter the -masu stem of a verb
1. reply; answer; response
1. to repeat; to do something over again
くり返す 【くりかえす】、繰りかえす 【くりかえす】、繰返す 【くりかえす】
1. to turn inside out; to turn the other way; to turn (something) over
1. to return; to come back; to go backesp. 返る
- かえ 。
- Curses, like chickens, come home to roost.
2. to turn overSee also 裏返る
3. to become extremely; to become completelyafter the -masu stem of a verb; esp. 返る
1. to turn back; to go back; to come back; to return; to retrace one's steps
引返す 【ひきかえす】、引きかえす 【ひきかえす】
1. to be overturned; to be reversed; to turn over; to capsize
2. to fall down; to tumble down; to topple over; to lie on one's back
ひっくり返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引っくり返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引っくり返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引っ繰り返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引っ繰り返る 【ひっくりがえる】、引繰り返る 【ひっくりかえる】、引繰り返る 【ひっくりがえる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. inside out; upside down
2. flip side; opposite; contrary; reverse
1. to turn over; to turn upside down; to turn up; to turn inside out; to turn out
2. to knock over; to tip over
3. to overturn (e.g. a decision); to upset; to reverse
ひっくり返す 【ひっくりがえす】、引っくり返す 【ひっくりかえす】、引っくり返す 【ひっくりがえす】、引っ繰り返す 【ひっくりかえす】、引っ繰り返す 【ひっくりがえす】、引繰り返す 【ひっくりかえす】、引繰り返す 【ひっくりがえす】
引繰り返す: Irregular okurigana usage. 引繰り返す: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to turn one's head; to look over one's shoulder; to turn around; to look back
2. to think back (on); to reminisce; to look back (on); to reflect (on)
振りかえる 【ふりかえる】、ふり返る 【ふりかえる】、振返る 【ふりかえる】
1. return gift; return favour (favor)
- I'll pay you back with my calculus notes.
- にたい 、
- Someday I will repay him for looking down on me.
3. change (in a cash transaction)
1. repetition; repeat; reiteration; iteration; refrain; cycle
- Repetition plays an important role in language study.
- な 。
- The telephone rang repeatedly.
くり返し 【くりかえし】、繰返し 【くりかえし】
1. reply (e.g. email, fax, letter); answer
1. reward; compensation; repayment; something done or given in return
2. collateral; security
3. turning to look behind
1. requital of a favour (favor); repayment (of an obligation, kindness, etc.)