Words — 128 found
1. sweet-tasting; sweet; sugary; sugared
- This chocolate is very sweet and tasty.
2. fragrant (smelling); sweet (music)
- かお 。
- Lilies smell sweet.
3. lightly salted; light in salt; not spicy
4. naive; overly optimistic; soft on; generous; indulgent; easy-going; lenientSee also 甘く見る
- I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Mary.
5. half-hearted; not finished properly
6. insufficient; not satisfactory; inadequate; loose
- She was beguiled by his sweet words.
8. tempting; enticing; luringSee also 甘い言葉
1. skillful; skilful; skilled; good; expert; clever (expression, trick, etc.); apt; appropriateUsually written using kana alone, esp. 上手い, 巧い
- She's very good at tennis, but she's not much of a swimmer.
2. delicious; tasty; good; niceUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い, 美味い, 甘い
- That place's food is great, and their prices are good, but the fly in the ointment is their terrible location.
3. good (deal, idea, etc.); profitable; promising; lucky; fortunate; successful; satisfactory; splendidUsually written using kana alone, esp. 旨い
- That's too good a story to be true.
美味い 【うまい】、旨い 【うまい】、巧い 【うまい】、甘い 【うまい】、美い 【うまい】
美い: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to behave like a spoiled child; to fawn on
- あま 。
- The girl played the baby to her mother.
2. to take advantage of; to presume upon (e.g. another's benevolence); to depend on
- Don't depend on others' kindness.
JLPT N1 Links
1. sweet flavour; sweet flavor; mildness
- That sort of flattery will get you nowhere.
1. sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas)Usually written using kana alone
2. Sweet potatoThe sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous pl... Read more
薩摩芋 【さつまいも】、甘薯 【さつまいも】、甘藷 【さつまいも】、甘薯 【かんしょ】、甘藷 【かんしょ】、サツマイモ
1. sweetener (sugar, honey, saccharin, maltose, etc.); sweetening agent; sweetening
2. Sugar substituteA sugar substitute is a food additive that duplicates the... Read more
1. to content oneself with; to be resigned to (one's fate); to be contented (satisfied) with (one's lot)
1. submitting to (a demand, one's fate, etc.); putting up with; resigning oneself to; accepting (without complaint)
1. sweet (taste); luscious
2. sweet (melody, dream, etc.); delightful; pleasant; mellow; mellifluous
1. wheedling child; spoiled child (spoilt); pampered child; child who always demands attention
甘えんぼう 【あまえんぼう】、あまえん坊 【あまえんぼう】
1. sweet half sake; sweet drink made from fermented riceFood, cooking
2. Amazakeis a traditional sweet, low- or non-alcohol (depending on... Read more
1. skilfully; skillfully; well; aptly; cleverlyUsually written using kana alone
- ききだ 。
- I charmed a secret out of her.
2. successfully; smoothlyUsually written using kana alone
- すす 。
- Our plans are progressing smoothly.
3. deliciouslyUsually written using kana alone
旨く 【うまく】、巧く 【うまく】、甘く 【うまく】
1. too-good-to-be-true offers (e.g. scams and frauds); too-good-to-be-true stories
甘い話 【うまいはなし】、旨い話 【うまいはなし】、美味い話 【うまいはなし】
1. sweetness; sugary taste
2. sweets; dessert; cake
3. SweetnessSweetness is one of the five basic tastes and is almost u... Read more
甘み 【あまみ】、あま味 【あまみ】
甘味: Ateji (phonetic) reading. あま味: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. citrus fruits
2. CitrusCitrus is a common term and genus (Citrus) of flowering p... Read more
かんきつ類 【かんきつるい】、甘橘類 【かんきつるい】
甘橘類: Irregular kanji usage.