Words — 184 found
1. absence; being away from home
2. house-sitting; house-sitter
- I went on the trip, leaving the house in her care.
3. being left unattended to (of one's studies, etc.); neglectingusu. as お留守になる
2. conservatism; conservativeness; conservation
3. ConservatismConservatism (Latin: conservare, "to preserve") is a poli... Read more
1. to protect; to guard; to defend
- You have to protect your family.
2. to keep (i.e. a promise); to abide (by the rules); to observe; to obey; to follow
- Once you have made a promise, you must keep it.
護る 【まもる】、戍る 【まもる】
戍る: Irregular kanji usage.
1. care-taking; house-sitting; house-watching; staying at home
- おこ 。
- The boy was cross at having to stay at home.
2. caretaker; house-sitter
2. LullabyA lullaby is a soothing song, usually sung to young child... Read more
子守歌 【こもりうた】、子守り歌 【こもりうた】、子守り唄 【こもりうた】
1. observance (of laws, rules, etc.); adherence; obeying; following; abiding by; compliance
1. to watch over; to keep watch over; to keep an eye on
2. to watch intently; to stare; to gaze; to watch (and see what happens); to follow
1. looking after a baby; taking care of a baby; babysitting; babysitter
- I am supposed to babysit the children tonight.
1. answering machine; answer phone
2. Answering machineThe answering machine, answerphone or message machine, al... Read more
1. charm; amulet
2. AmuletAn amulet, similar to a talisman, is any object intended ... Read more
御守り 【おまもり】、お守 【おまもり】、御守 【おまもり】
1. (in) one's absence
- I'd like you to look after my dog.
留守のあいだ 【るすのあいだ】、留守の間 【るすのま】