Words — 685 found
1. peace; harmony
2. PeacePeace is a state of harmony characterized by the lack of ... Read more
1. Japanese clothes
2. KimonoThe kimono is a Japanese traditional garment worn by men,... Read more
1. gentle; quiet; mild; meek; obedient; docile; well-behaved; tameUsually written using kana alone
2. quiet (color, pattern, etc.); soberUsually written using kana alone
温和しい: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. relief; mitigation; alleviation; relaxation (of restrictions, tensions, etc.); easing; softening
1. mild (climate); temperate; clement; pleasant; agreeableOnly applies to 温和
2. gentle (nature, personality, etc.); mild; quiet; pleasant
3. moderate (statement, measure, etc.); mild; temperate
1. reconciliation; amicable settlement; accommodation; compromise; mediation; rapprochement
- お 。
- The struggle ended in a satisfactory settlement.
2. court-mediated settlementLaw, Only applies to わかい
3. translation of a foreign language into JapaneseArchaism
4. ConciliationConciliation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) p... Read more
1. Shōwa era (1926.12.25-1989.1.7)Historical term
2. reminiscent of the Shōwa era; Shōwa-nostalgic; old-fashioned; quaint; old-schoolColloquialism
3. Shōwa periodThe Shōwa period (昭和時代, Shōwa jidai, literally "period of... Read more
1. wagashi; traditional Japanese confectionery
2. Wagashiis a traditional Japanese confectionery which is often se... Read more
1. Wagyu beef; Japanese beef
2. Wagyurefers to several breeds of cattle genetically predispose... Read more
1. Japanese-style room
2. Washitsu, meaning "Japanese-style room(s)", is a Japanese term us... Read more
1. sumMathematics, Only applies to 和
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peaceOnly applies to 和
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
1. wasabi (Wasabia japonica); Japanese horseradishUsually written using kana alone
2. Wasabi, is a member of the Brassicaceae family, which includes ... Read more
和佐比: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. priestly teacher; preceptorBuddhism, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, trad. pronounced おしょう in Zen and Pure Land, かしょう in Tendai and Kegon, わじょう in Shingon, Hosso, Ritsu and Shin Buddhism
- The dress does not make the fair.
2. monk (esp. the head monk of a temple); priest; head priestBuddhism, Only applies to おしょう, Only applies to かしょう
3. second highest priestly rank in BuddhismBuddhism, See also 法眼
4. master (of one's art, trade, etc.)
6. BhikkhuA Bhikkhu or Vhikṣu is an ordained male Buddhist monastic... Read more
和尚 【かしょう】、和尚 【わじょう】、和上 【かしょう】、和上 【わじょう】
1. uncomfortable feeling; feeling out of place; sense of discomfort
- Our company has never had that kind of system, and it's never made us feel uncomfortable.
2. malaise; physical unease