Words — 286 found
- The woman dental hygienist said to me, lying down in the chair, "Right, please open your mouth."
2. opening; hole; gap; orifice
- い 。
- We plunged into the cave opening on our boat and continued on.
3. mouth (of a bottle); spout; nozzle; mouthpiece
- Fill the bottle to the top so as to exclude all air.
4. gate; door; entrance; exit
5. speaking; speech; talk (i.e. gossip)See also 口を利く
- He says one thing and means another.
6. taste; palateSee also 口に合う
7. mouth (to feed)
- あ 。
- Foreign rice is hard and tasteless, and doesn't appeal to the Japanese palate.
8. opening (i.e. vacancy); available positionSee also 働き口
9. invitation; summonsSee also 口がかかる
- The job offer still stands.
10. kind; sort; type
11. opening (i.e. beginning)
12. counter for mouthfuls, shares (of money), stove burners, and swords
13. MouthThe mouth is the first portion of the alimentary canal th... Read more
- きげん ２０２０
- By the year 2020, the population of our city will have doubled.
2. common talk
3. PopulationA population is all the organisms that both belong to the... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. faucet; tap
3. Tap (valve)A "valve tap" is a noise made by the valves of internal c... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. taciturn; reticent; quiet; silent; untalkative
2. HalterA halter, headcollar, or, less often, headstall, is headg... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. clever; intelligent; wise; bright; sharp; sensible; smart; shrewd
2. well-behaved (esp. children and pets); obedient; goodSee also お利口, usu. as お利口
3. good (with words)Archaism
俐巧 【りこう】、悧巧 【りこう】、利巧 【りこう】
1. fast-talking; rapid talking
早口 【はやぐち】、速口 【はやくち】、速口 【はやぐち】
1. counter; window; teller window; ticket window
- Is this the right window for cashing travelers' checks?
2. contact person; point of contact
1. backdoor; rear entrance; rear exit
2. unauthorized; illicit; illegalSee also 裏口入学 うらぐちにゅうがく
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. to be stumped; to be at a loss; to be at one's wits' end; to be nonplussed
- He was stumped by the problem.
2. to be fed up; to be tired (of); to be unable to bear; to be annoyed
- I'm annoyed at your selfishness.
1. entrance; entry; gate; approach; mouthSee also 出口
入口 【いりくち】、入り口 【いりぐち】、入り口 【いりくち】、入口 【はいりぐち】、入口 【はいりくち】、入り口 【はいりぐち】、入り口 【はいりくち】、這入口 【はいりぐち】、這入口 【はいりくち】
這入口: Rarely-used kanji form. 這入口: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. exit; gateway; way outSee also 入り口
2. outlet; vent; leak
JLPT N1 Links
1. sweet flavour; sweet flavor; mildness
- That sort of flattery will get you nowhere.
1. emergency exit
2. Emergency exitAn emergency exit in a structure is a special exit for em... Read more
1. slander; bad-mouthing; abuse; insult; speaking ill (of)
悪口 【わるくち】、悪口 【あっこう】、惡口 【わるぐち】、惡口 【わるくち】、惡口 【あっこう】
惡口: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 惡口: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 惡口: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. (opening of) a wound; (mouth of a) wound; cut
1. malicious gossip; backbiting; speaking ill behind someone's back
蔭口 【かげぐち】、影口 【かげぐち】
影口: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word Links
1. beginning; start; first step
- あ 、
- People usually find it very difficult to break the ice when they meet someone extremely attractive for the first time.
2. clue; lead; hint
- み 。
- He took a slight hint as the start and found the correct answer.
3. thread end
緒 【いとぐち】、絲口 【いとぐち】
絲口: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. dry taste (e.g. sake, wine)
- I want something dry.
2. a liking for sake; one who likes sake
3. salty (taste)
4. harsh; scathing